Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Run-time error '5' invalid procedure call or argument

AuthorMessageTime
botmaster
I have this problem and I have tried to fix it many times.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q242/3/47.asp&NoWebContent=1

is all I can find on it...is there any way I can detect where it is happing in my code? I have like 6timers and I have tried many things... I have yet to see the error but other people have had it happen to them many times. Also have seen the screen shots any idea why this may happen?

Adron: url tag
February 4, 2004, 8:05 AM
Adron
You could compile your program to native code and generate a pdb for it. Then either have your users generate a dump of it when the dialog box is up, or ask me for my vbdump.dll that generates the dump automagically. You can then load the dump into windbg and find the line that causes the error.
February 4, 2004, 9:30 AM
botmaster
if I could get a copy of your vbdump.dll that would help me out alot. As of right now I am using remote admin to try and fix the problem :-/
February 4, 2004, 10:30 AM
Adron
Is that e-mail address valid?
February 4, 2004, 7:43 PM
botmaster
[quote author=Adron link=board=31;threadid=5077;start=0#msg42563 date=1075923827]
Is that e-mail address valid?
[/quote]
check your PM's.
February 4, 2004, 8:44 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Adron link=board=31;threadid=5077;start=0#msg42533 date=1075887011]
You could compile your program to native code and generate a pdb for it. Then either have your users generate a dump of it when the dialog box is up, or ask me for my vbdump.dll that generates the dump automagically. You can then load the dump into windbg and find the line that causes the error.
[/quote]

Post it here!
February 4, 2004, 10:51 PM
Adron
[quote author=UserLoser. link=board=31;threadid=5077;start=0#msg42598 date=1075935104]
[quote author=Adron link=board=31;threadid=5077;start=0#msg42533 date=1075887011]
[/quote]

Post it here!
[/quote]

I like to go slowly. If I run into any trouble with helping botmaster fix his bugs, I can adjust vbdump before releasing it to the world. I also like to have some direct feedback when releasing something new, instead of just posting it on a webpage somewhere.
February 4, 2004, 11:07 PM
MesiaH
That is kinda funny, using win debug for a vb application. the debug tool is insane compared to visual basic, so if your a beginner to visual basic, have fun..

But hey, everything can be learned, right?
February 5, 2004, 12:42 AM
Adron
[quote author=MesiaH link=board=31;threadid=5077;start=0#msg42611 date=1075941728]
That is kinda funny, using win debug for a vb application. the debug tool is insane compared to visual basic, so if your a beginner to visual basic, have fun..

But hey, everything can be learned, right?
[/quote]

Yes, and it's easy to use windbg to find your VB bugs. All you have to do is check the call stack and double click to get to the failing line. From that you can usually immediately see what the problem is.
February 5, 2004, 1:26 AM

Search