Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | .NET Platform | Scripting Project?

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
Is anybody interested in creating a scripting host using the IVsaEngine and IVsaSite interfaces? I know we've talked a little bit about putting together a new language (I've talked with someone), but I'd like to get scripting working at all right now.

Any thoughts or ideas?
February 4, 2004, 2:21 AM
St0rm.iD
what do you mean?
February 4, 2004, 8:41 PM
Myndfyr
We are all familiar with adding scripting functionality to a bot. I'm not very familiar with implementing some kind of scripting functionality on the .NET platform, nor am I familiar with the System.Vsa namespace (Vsa = Visual Studio for Applications). I try to do searches for licensing the Visual Studio for Applications IDE, nothing helpful turns up on either MSDN nor Goodle. I've only found two or three articles on the topic of scripting for .NET. And the two or three user samples for it on the GotDotNet user area are extremely buggy or do not work at all.

I would like to add a JScript .NET and Visual Basic .NET script capability to my bot, and I am aware that these come with script engines built-in (Microsoft.VisualBasic.Vsa namespace and Microsoft.JScript.Vsa namespace), with classes that implement the System.Vsa.IVsaEngine and System.Vsa.IVsaSite.

While I'd like to do this for my bot, I'm willing to pull back and just get some kind of example working that would introduce people to the scripting process. The Script Happens .NET sample on MSDN is not clear at all, despite my perusal of the source code. I just don't think I understand it.

Anyway, I hope that clarifies what I was going for.
February 4, 2004, 10:58 PM

Search