Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Learning Binary

AuthorMessageTime
Gangz
Well I am trying to learn how to do binary connects because bnls have been up and down lately. Does anyone know where I can get a SIMPLE binary source so i can learn off of the connects and the parseing?
January 31, 2004, 11:53 PM
Maddox
Hah, I thought you meant binary numbers. You should clarify your topic.

As for source, http://www.cold-chaos.net/site/download.php?list.32

I know there's a lot more source available but I don't know where you would find it anymore.
February 1, 2004, 12:02 AM
Gangz
yea finding sources is not the problem, but finidng a source that isnt so cluttered so you can actually learn something is harder to do. So far i have found abunch of sources that are all crammed together with so muchs tuff i cant even tell whats going on. Im looking for some type of chat bot probably. Something that connects and parses.
February 1, 2004, 12:15 AM
ObsidianWolf
I can help you with some direction, If your planning on using VB and your knowledge of the Enviroment wont make you ask me "Which one is a textbox?".
February 1, 2004, 1:16 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
Use Feanor's stripped TCPConnection Class. It's very good for basic binary connections.
February 1, 2004, 2:17 AM
Gangz
[quote]Posted by: ObsidianWolf Posted on: Today at 07:16:57pm
I can help you with some direction, If your planning on using VB and your knowledge of the Enviroment wont make you ask me "Which one is a textbox?". [/quote]

that would be great... I mean if you had time atleast.. And no im not a newbie to Vb i just dont work with battle.net bots that much unless its BNLS
February 1, 2004, 5:57 AM
Adron
[quote author=Gangz link=board=17;threadid=5016;start=0#msg42069 date=1075615076]

that would be great... I mean if you had time atleast.. And no im not a newbie to Vb i just dont work with battle.net bots that much unless its BNLS

[/quote]

BNLS and binary are very similar. All you have to do is rip out the code that sends/receives things to/from BNLS and replace it with code that does your hashing locally. This should be a piece of cake (for games < War3) given the amount of hashing code available everywhere.
February 1, 2004, 10:47 AM
Maddox
[quote author=Adron link=board=17;threadid=5016;start=0#msg42093 date=1075632426]
[quote author=Gangz link=board=17;threadid=5016;start=0#msg42069 date=1075615076]

[/quote]

BNLS and binary are very similar. All you have to do is rip out the code that sends/receives things to/from BNLS and replace it with code that does your hashing locally. This should be a piece of cake (for games < War3) given the amount of hashing code available everywhere.
[/quote]

What is the faster of the 2 public broken SHA-1 hashing functions? I think you made both Adron.
February 1, 2004, 5:51 PM
Adron
I think I made one and yobguls one, and then there are lots of modified versions. And sky and soul and many others have all made their own private versions.
February 1, 2004, 6:11 PM
Gangz
Adron are you saying that most of the recieving and sending is the same?... So parsing everything out will not change by much?
February 1, 2004, 6:34 PM
Adron
[quote author=Gangz link=board=17;threadid=5016;start=0#msg42148 date=1075660499]
Adron are you saying that most of the recieving and sending is the same?... So parsing everything out will not change by much?
[/quote]

I'm saying that if you've written a bot coding it to log on using BNLS, switching it over to using hashes for a game like Starcraft wouldn't be that much work. It'd be *some* work, but the amount of code required to do the hashes compared to connecting to b.net, bnls and everything else isn't that big.

Of course, if you've used someone else's code, getting a free ride and not understanding how it all works, I suppose it might be rather difficult.
February 1, 2004, 8:24 PM
Gangz
[quote]
Of course, if you've used someone else's code, getting a free ride and not understanding how it all works, I suppose it might be rather difficult. [/quote]
LOL....

but anyways... Thanks ill give it a shot on my own and see if i cant get it.. you might be hearing back from me on the forums in a week or so if i cant get it :p
February 1, 2004, 9:23 PM

Search