Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | New to the game

AuthorMessageTime
illadel4life82
Wassup Valhalla I'm interested in Battle net and these automated programs u guys have. I am a CS major in college and have programming exp. I see u guys are very knowledgable. before I get my feet wet I like to read up on what I'm getting into. I hear things thrown around like D2Hackit(??) I see packet headers(I think) yo is there a site or a place where u guys read this? I wanna catch up to u guys and then start my project I'm gonna be working on. I did read past post but there are sooo many and theres no explanations on some of those. hit me back. pce
January 31, 2004, 3:25 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=illadel4life82 link=board=17;threadid=5010;start=0#msg41923 date=1075519544]
Wassup Valhalla I'm interested in Battle net and these automated programs u guys have. I am a CS major in college and have programming exp. I see u guys are very knowledgable. before I get my feet wet I like to read up on what I'm getting into. I hear things thrown around like D2Hackit(??) I see packet headers(I think) yo is there a site or a place where u guys read this? I wanna catch up to u guys and then start my project I'm gonna be working on. I did read past post but there are sooo many and theres no explanations on some of those. hit me back. pce
[/quote]

If you want to get into Battle.net stuff, such as attempting to make a bot; here's some helpful links:

BotDev
BnetDocs
BNLS Protocol Specifications

BotDev hasn't been updated in a while, but it has some documents on there...
BnetDocs is a collection of Battle.net packets, and information...
BNLS Protocol Spec is a document on a server that Skywing and Yoni wrote, which makes creating a Battle.net binary bot much easier, it does all the password, account, and cdkey hashing you'll need along with other various functions...

As far as D2HackIt, if you're still interested in that the only old site that I know that still exists (besides http://www.blizzhackers.com), is http://maulei.tripod.com/Home.htm...

Packet Headers can be found on BnetDocs

Happy Programming
January 31, 2004, 3:41 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
I'd say that starting off with BNLS or Hashing right off could be disastorous. Many of the programmers (myself included) started with CleanSlateBot, then moved on to better forms of connection.

I can't beleive I'm saying this, but: you should probably use CSB if you've not had much/any experience with winsocks before.
January 31, 2004, 5:43 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=R.a.B.B.i.T link=board=17;threadid=5010;start=0#msg41937 date=1075527831]
I'd say that starting off with BNLS or Hashing right off could be disastorous. Many of the programmers (myself included) started with CleanSlateBot, then moved on to better forms of connection.

I can't beleive I'm saying this, but: you should probably use CSB if you've not had much/any experience with winsocks before.
[/quote]

Ew, I wouldn't ever recommend anyone to use CSB
January 31, 2004, 5:45 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
I know, really?
But that's how I got my start..and now look at me...I'm almost kinda good!
January 31, 2004, 5:58 AM
LoRd
I don't see how inputting your BNLS ID, BNLS pasword, username, password, cd-key, product, server and home channel in the designated areas would help anyone learn anything about connecting to Battle.net, or anything about programming at all.
January 31, 2004, 6:14 AM
illadel4life82
hey thanks. give me some weeks(gotta fit school in there) and I'll be cought up hopfully I will know what you guys are talkin bout. and also maybe get started on my project, but THanks again. pce
January 31, 2004, 6:42 AM
DarkMinion
[quote]I don't see how inputting your BNLS ID, BNLS pasword, username, password, cd-key, product, server and home channel in the designated areas would help anyone learn anything about connecting to Battle.net, or anything about programming at all. [/quote]

Yeah, it would only require someone to get familiar with creating sockets, connecting to remote server, handling data, not anything important...
January 31, 2004, 7:05 AM
LoRd
CleanSlateBot does nearly all of that for you.
January 31, 2004, 7:36 AM
Tuberload
[quote author=R.a.B.B.i.T link=board=17;threadid=5010;start=0#msg41942 date=1075528730]
I know, really?
[/quote]

Do you have a public release of your bot?
January 31, 2004, 7:51 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Tuberload link=board=17;threadid=5010;start=0#msg41956 date=1075535500]
[quote author=R.a.B.B.i.T link=board=17;threadid=5010;start=0#msg41942 date=1075528730]
I know, really?
[/quote]

Do you have a public release of your bot?
[/quote]

Yes
January 31, 2004, 8:47 AM
DarkMinion
Sorry Lord, I didn't realize you were talking about CSB. ;)
February 1, 2004, 2:45 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
[quote author=LoRd[nK] link=board=17;threadid=5010;start=0#msg41946 date=1075529657]
I don't see how inputting your BNLS ID, BNLS pasword, username, password, cd-key, product, server and home channel in the designated areas would help anyone learn anything about connecting to Battle.net, or anything about programming at all.
[/quote]
You still gotta learn how to manipulate the userlist, display messages, etc... Start SMALL my acquainence!
February 1, 2004, 7:10 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=R.a.B.B.i.T link=board=17;threadid=5010;start=0#msg42154 date=1075662645]
[quote author=LoRd[nK] link=board=17;threadid=5010;start=0#msg41946 date=1075529657]
[/quote]
You still gotta learn how to manipulate the userlist, display messages, etc... Start SMALL my acquainence!
[/quote]

That's basic knowledge of the language you're using, not necessarly related to bot development because you don't need a userlist, or to display all messages...
February 1, 2004, 7:13 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
But most bots (that aren't flood) have these, and most people avoid making a FloodBot for their very first Battle.Net bot.
February 1, 2004, 7:15 PM
Soul Taker
[quote author=R.a.B.B.i.T link=board=17;threadid=5010;start=0#msg42159 date=1075662932]
But most bots (that aren't flood) have these, and most people avoid making a FloodBot for their very first Battle.Net bot.
[/quote]
My moderation bot doesn't have those.
February 2, 2004, 4:12 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
That's why I said "most". I know of a few bots that do not have channel lists (or other GUI features).
February 2, 2004, 4:18 AM

Search