Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Yoni's Math Forum | String/M-Theory

AuthorMessageTime
R.a.B.B.i.T
This is one of those mathematical physics theories that describes the universe and its origin. The basis of String Theory is that everything is made of wavelengths of <insert thing here> (I forget at the moment). M-Theory takes String to another level and says that our universe is just one of many (maybe infinitely many). It's very intriguing...I wish I knew more..
January 31, 2004, 12:27 AM
jigsaw
String/M-theory are just 2 of 4 theories that ar every interconnected. notice any relation to the religon forum under adrons forums? look at my last posted.
February 1, 2004, 5:29 PM
Soul Taker
I thought M-Theory was just another name for the Grand Unified theory?
February 1, 2004, 5:34 PM
jigsaw
aha, correction. IF my memory is correct. p-brains, string theory and a couple more are combined into 1 element called m-theory.
February 1, 2004, 6:16 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
[quote author=jigsaw link=board=36;threadid=5009;start=0#msg42138 date=1075659374]
aha, correction. IF my memory is correct. p-brains, string theory and a couple more are combined into 1 element called m-theory.
[/quote]
True, M-Theory is a combination of a bunch of other modified theories, but it is still very different from any other.
February 1, 2004, 7:19 PM
Tron
I don't believe in the Cosmic String Theory. Mostly because there isn't much room for time travel with paradoxes being present. And there are 2 other cocepts which you probably already know relating to this. These would be the Black Hole to White Hole theory, and the Wormhole Theory. The Cosmic String theory can be proven logical in some senses. For example: An architectural building uses pillars similar to these strings to keep the whole structure together. With this structure being the universe it can be proven more likely than the Wormhole or Black Hole Theory.

The Wormhole theory is hard to illustrate. But it seems kind of wrong after you see it. Brings back memories of people thinking the Earth was Flat. Anyways that's just my thought, here's the image.
[img]http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/time-travel-wormhole2.jpg[/img]
This image does not include the time, or space time factors in the plane.

All of the theories mainly deal with time and speed. The purpose of the theories is to save time, either looking into it from several perspectives you can see you go back in time, or forward in time. Einstein had a theory stating that: The closer to the speed of light you go, time slows down. As for space shuttles those were thought of as only timing a difference of nanoseconds.

Time Travel is like the [insert name here] I forgot the name but anyways it's like Da-vinchi trying to build a helicopter, but the technology was not prepared at the time. And thus, we can't learn more about it until we are prepared. When I was really young I used to think of Space and get headaches because it's endless, and the Time Travelling aspect brings up infinite theories. By the time (if) we can time travel, I think it would be illegal because of all the paradoxed being made. Which are sort of holes in a universe. For example you go to the year 1970, and if you were born in 1980... How could you possibly exist at that period of time? And what if you killed your ancestor, would you die as well since you would never be born? This leads into too many directions.
February 26, 2004, 9:32 AM
Tron
Sorry for double post, my IE thought the page expired and made me re-post.
February 26, 2004, 9:35 AM

Search