Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | News | Recent Outage

AuthorMessageTime
admin
For those of you who noticed, the outage of this network is indirectly related to the recent  worm.  None of our systems were infected but Sprint (our provider) was crushed.  All of their systems in the Service Management Center were down. When I called in a ticket, the girl had to take my information down with pen and paper.  My router has a new asshole from trying to pass all the traffic generated.  We are still being continuously port scanned from computers in Russia and around the US but the saturation is minimal.

Have a nice day.
January 25, 2003, 12:41 PM
iago
eeew@link to CNN.  Unless you want to see a cute little DoS animation, it's not too useful.

Here's a couple more technical links I got from Arta:
http://www.nextgenss.com/advisories/mssql-udp.txt
http://www.boredom.org/~cstone/worm-annotated.txt
January 25, 2003, 12:53 PM
Eternal
w/b  ;-)
January 25, 2003, 1:20 PM
admin
Iago, those links don't really give us the full picture.  I have constructed a web page which shows the true nature of the worm.  You can view it here.
January 25, 2003, 2:17 PM
Grok
However, the SQL Worm had nothing to do with vl.com web being down.
January 25, 2003, 3:31 PM
iago
Good ol' Thing, always on top of updates.  I'm sure this server had the update 1.5 years ago when it first came out :D
January 25, 2003, 4:40 PM
Yoni
[quote]Iago, those links don't really give us the full picture.  I have constructed a web page which shows the true nature of the worm.  You can view it here.[/quote]
Should use the little yellow worms from Commander Keen 4! (Anyone remember those? In the moon building, on the floor... Next to a secret passage, IIRC)
January 25, 2003, 7:09 PM
dRAgoN
your not kidding ..
January 26, 2003, 4:14 AM
Yoni
No, they own!
January 26, 2003, 2:15 PM
Etheran
omg keen was the greatest...
January 26, 2003, 5:43 PM
Arta
[quote]
Should use the little yellow worms from Commander Keen 4! (Anyone remember those? In the moon building, on the floor... Next to a secret passage, IIRC)[/quote]

omg! yes! i loved that game! memories... lol

Wanna play it again now, does anyone know where to get it? :)
January 28, 2003, 2:53 AM
Thing
Here.
January 28, 2003, 10:27 AM
iago
I'm reasonably sure that www.dosgames.com would have it.. also, get Liero, best Worms clone ever! :)
January 28, 2003, 12:05 PM

Search