Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development References | Discussion About Useful Bot Features

AuthorMessageTime
Networks
What extra should chat bots have?
and what features do you think would be a good idea to have?

I would like to implement them if I am able.
January 29, 2004, 11:33 PM
Tuberload
First make sure you even have something that is considered a battle.net bot. By this I mean you have to connect, logon, send/recv data, parse recv'd data, some sort of an event generator, a command handler (ie: .ban you), channel list, and a database of some sort.

This way your bot will connect and logon to battle.net, understand what battle.net is saying, display data in a way the user can understand, allow access to users remotely, and remember who it has talked to.

From there think up a list of features. Might I suggest a few of the following:
1) Basic moderation abilities: This might include ban lists, access lists, an interface built into the command handler, etc...
2) Interface your database into the command handler.
3) Create some sort of mail system, allowing members to leave each other messages.

Just think of an idea, and you should be able to incorporate it into the bot without modifying the bot base too much, if not at all.
January 30, 2004, 3:42 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Tuberload link=board=17;threadid=4991;start=0#msg41792 date=1075434142]
First make sure you even have something that is considered a battle.net bot. By this I mean you have to connect, logon, send/recv data, parse recv'd data, some sort of an event generator, a command handler (ie: .ban you), channel list, and a database of some sort.

This way your bot will connect and logon to battle.net, understand what battle.net is saying, display data in a way the user can understand, allow access to users remotely, and remember who it has talked to.

From there think up a list of features. Might I suggest a few of the following:
1) Basic moderation abilities: This might include ban lists, access lists, an interface built into the command handler, etc...
2) Interface your database into the command handler.
3) Create some sort of mail system, allowing members to leave each other messages.

Just think of an idea, and you should be able to incorporate it into the bot without modifying the bot base too much, if not at all.

[/quote]

Mail system: Log on to Diablo II or Warcraft III, register your account, send /o fm to Battle.net, then /mail YourFriendsAccount Message
January 30, 2004, 3:46 AM
Networks
thanks to tuberload and userloser. the only guys mature enough to answer simple questions with simple answers without being so damn sarcastic.

Mail system: Log on to Diablo II or Warcraft III, register your account, send /o fm to Battle.net, then /mail YourFriendsAccount Message <- I dont quite understand that...Could u explain?
January 30, 2004, 6:21 PM
West_Gateway
An interesting bot feature would be a login system that uses a mysql db for a php site where members can login when on Battle.net using a simple command such as .login.

Also, on Europe server, mainly through a ladder service (www.wgtour.com) they have a bot, or series of bots, that has access to all registered members in their site database that allows gamers to set up matches with other registered members, or be put in a waiting list and matched up with a gamer of similar rank on the ladder. All this is done by simply messaging one bot, wgtour, that must send its information to other bots due to all the whispers that one bot must get. It's an interesting system that would be amazing to see used at a clan ladder level (wgtour is international).

Other than the pure challenge of it, or maybe to help large gaming clans, I don't see the motivation behind anyone doing this, which is a shame. It would take gaming clans to a whole new level on bnet.
January 30, 2004, 6:51 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Networks link=board=17;threadid=4991;start=0#msg41838 date=1075486915]
thanks to tuberload and userloser. the only guys mature enough to answer simple questions with simple answers without being so damn sarcastic.

Mail system: Log on to Diablo II or Warcraft III, register your account, send /o fm to Battle.net, then /mail YourFriendsAccount Message <- I dont quite understand that...Could u explain?

[/quote]

[quote]
[13:10:19] /help mail
[13:10:19] /mail USERNAME MESSAGE
[13:10:19] Sends an e-mail containing MESSAGE to USERNAME.
[13:10:19] Users can only receive e-mail if they have elected to do so. (see /options)
[13:10:19] Example: /mail JoeUser Hey, you up for a match?

[13:10:35] /mail UserLoser Hello!
[13:10:35] Mail sent.

[13:10:48] /o
[13:10:48] Allowing private messages from non-friends.
[13:10:48] Allowing messages from non-friends in public channels.
[13:10:48] Allowing messages from non-friends in private channels.
[13:10:48] Not allowing e-mails from users on my friends list.
[13:10:48] Not allowing e-mails from fellow clan members, including clan announcements.

[13:10:56] /o fm
[13:10:56] Allowing e-mails from users on my friends list.

[13:11:04] /o cm
[13:11:04] Allowing e-mails from fellow clan members including clan announcements.

[13:11:10] /o
[13:11:10] Allowing private messages from non-friends.
[13:11:10] Allowing messages from non-friends in public channels.
[13:11:10] Allowing messages from non-friends in private channels.
[13:11:10] Allowing e-mails from users on my friends list.
[13:11:10] Allowing e-mails from fellow clan members including clan announcements.
[/quote]

To register your account's e-mail address, you need to log on to Battle.net using either Diablo II or Warcraft III
January 30, 2004, 7:11 PM
Tuberload
I was un aware of Battle.net's mail features when I posted, thanks Userlooser for pointing that out. My main reason for suggesting the feature was that it would be fairly simple to implement, while being useful. Sort of a learning experience if you will. Plus it would use all of the bots functionality. Now I suggest enhancing battle.net's mail feature, and just use there commands to save hard drive space. ;D
January 30, 2004, 7:31 PM
ObsidianWolf
Feature Bots should have... Ability to mimic a patch. =)
January 30, 2004, 10:23 PM
Kp
[quote author=ObsidianWolf link=board=17;threadid=4991;start=15#msg41867 date=1075501408]
Feature Bots should have... Ability to mimic a patch. =)[/quote]

This is innate to all well-designed BNLS bots, aside from the lag time required to update the information on BNLS.
January 30, 2004, 10:30 PM
Networks
wow, i was unaware of this mail commands too but how can i set up a mail account with my username do i have to be on the actual client to do that.
January 31, 2004, 10:51 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Networks link=board=17;threadid=4991;start=15#msg42007 date=1075589465]
wow, i was unaware of this mail commands too but how can i set up a mail account with my username do i have to be on the actual client to do that.
[/quote]

You must log on to Diablo II or Warcraft III, or their expansions, and the option may be available if your account hasn't already registered it's email address... It's a good idea to do it on the actual game client by Blizzard, but some bots do support it..
February 1, 2004, 1:37 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
StealthBot 2.344 (soon to be 2.4) supports E-Mail registration (but it's private). Syndicate (http://dlsyndicate.vze.com/) will register the email set in the config to an account regardless of client if an email has yet to be registered.
February 1, 2004, 2:23 AM
PaiD
[quote] *regardless of client *[/quote]

Um that isnt possible. You can only reg an account over d2 or war3. In d2 the server tells you it isnt reged with 0x59 and r we in wow b/c your bot can reg and it is public? Alot of bots can reg sofar that I know of and it isnt that hard.
February 1, 2004, 3:39 AM
UserLoser.
For those interested, as I posted in the past:

0x59 (C->S) - set email
(STRING) E-mail address

0x59 (S->C)
No data

0x5A (C->S) - get new password
(STRING) Account name
(STRING) E-mail address

0x5A (S->C)
Not existant

0x5B (C->S) - change email
(STRING) Account name
(STRING) Old E-mail address
(STRING) New E-mail address

0x5B (S->C)
Not existant

On D2DV/D2XP, you should send back 0x59 only if you recieve it first.
On WAR3/W3XP, you should send back 0x59 only if you recieve status code 0x0E in 0x54 (SID_AUTH_ACCOUNTLOGONPROOF).
February 1, 2004, 4:03 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
I've received 0x59 on SEXP and my bot's parsing registered an email.
February 1, 2004, 4:15 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=R.a.B.B.i.T link=board=17;threadid=4991;start=15#msg42052 date=1075608948]
I've received 0x59 on SEXP and my bot's parsing registered an email.
[/quote]

That's odd, because battle.snp doesn't support 0x59
February 1, 2004, 4:17 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
Battle.snp may not support it, but I log all the packets that I receive in the Immediate window, and I have gotten 0x59.
February 1, 2004, 7:08 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=R.a.B.B.i.T link=board=17;threadid=4991;start=15#msg42153 date=1075662506]
Battle.snp may not support it, but I log all the packets that I receive in the Immediate window, and I have gotten 0x59.
[/quote]

I highly doubt that the server sent you this, and you got confused with what was in the Immediate window
February 1, 2004, 7:10 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
I set my parse function to grab the packet header and print it to the Immediate window along with a timestamp. This is done before parsing even begins, so I'm starting to get curious as to why I'm getting 0x59 when everybody says it's impossible...
February 1, 2004, 7:14 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Networks link=board=17;threadid=4991;start=0#msg41838 date=1075486915]
[/quote]

Well Networks.... Part of the reason I'm being sarcastic here is....

Why do you even want to make a bot? Isn't there something that you want to do with a bot that isn't already there?

I spent a lot of time brainstorming ideas that would make my bot both up-to-par with current features (such as botmail) and unique.

Why re-invent the wheel?
February 2, 2004, 9:03 PM
Imperceptus
Why not just make an addon for a bot thats already out? Im working on some tight addon for Stealth Bot using its Scripting Capabilities.
February 2, 2004, 10:16 PM
Networks
Because i believe i can make a decent chat bot thats reliable and not buggy. I dont believe Stealth Bot is the best out there. I am making bot that is unique in its own way u'll see... U'LL ALL SEE!!! I am adding features people wanna see rather than the same tic tac toe shit and w/e. Just asking for ideas here to see if theres anything i haven't added already.
February 3, 2004, 8:06 PM
St0rm.iD
Wow...just noticed that StealthBot sort of ripped off my scripting system, except for the really cool part :)

I wanted a stable moderation bot which had unlimited extensibility, so I wrote PhatBot. What do you need in your bot? Write it.
February 3, 2004, 8:18 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
[quote author=St0rm.iD link=board=17;threadid=4991;start=30#msg42467 date=1075839480]
Wow...just noticed that StealthBot sort of ripped off my scripting system, except for the really cool part :)

I wanted a stable moderation bot which had unlimited extensibility, so I wrote PhatBot. What do you need in your bot? Write it.
[/quote]
StealthBot uses the MSSCRIPT.OCX made by Microsoft, no stealage done.

Unlimited extensibility is the following: open source.
February 3, 2004, 11:30 PM
Dyndrilliac
[quote author=Networks link=board=17;threadid=4991;start=30#msg42463 date=1075838760]
Because i believe i can make a decent chat bot thats reliable and not buggy. I dont believe Stealth Bot is the best out there. I am making bot that is unique in its own way u'll see... U'LL ALL SEE!!! I am adding features people wanna see rather than the same tic tac toe shit and w/e. Just asking for ideas here to see if theres anything i haven't added already.

[/quote]

Who cares what other people want. Make your bot with what you want, and what you need.StealthBot may have a few bugs, but for the average Bnet person who is busy enough and just want a user friendly bot, he is performing a great public service. Just because he chose to mold his bot to what people want and make it freely ac cessible to the public doesn't mean you have to do the same.

However - for the purpose of being on topic, I just recently added the ability for users to freely edit and access the bot's hasing system and version type data so it can be easily updated everytime a patch occurs without needing BNLS or to wait for an updated bot executable.

However, if you're going to be handing this bot out to people who dont know what they're doing you should add in the config file for those who don't know what they're doing to leave this option alone, and make it so users who do not edit it will go through the default procedure. A quick fix to this is , say for example version byte:
[code]Public Sub Setup()
On Error Resume Next
VerByte = GetStuff("Config", "BotSetup", "VersionByte")
If VerByte = vbNullString Then VerByte = "C7"
' Default = C7(v1.10)[/code]

This allows the user to edit the VerByte for SC, and if they choose to leave the option blank in options it goes into the default value of C7, for Version 1.10. When the bot executable launches, SEtup() is called and the neccessary information is entered automatically, and ready to connect with new or default data.

Edit: This feature would also be handy for SC Game Bots going into TCP/IP Games using an older version of SC for hashes.
February 4, 2004, 10:23 PM

Search