Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | I believe I am having a n3wb moment...

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
OK -- I just got my MSDN subscription, and I'm downloaded Longhorn client preview. It is running EXTREMELY and PERVERSELY slow... Is it because I have the Check/Debug version? Am I correct in assuming that it's running debug services so that developers can check symbols and all that good stuff?

Thanks for the help...
January 28, 2004, 6:49 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
It's probably due to the fact that MSDN is slow in-and-of itself.
January 28, 2004, 11:58 PM
Myndfyr
Nope - it was the check/debug version. :-/ I'm beginning to feel I33T!!! W00T
January 29, 2004, 12:25 AM
Yoni
[quote author=R.a.B.B.i.T link=board=5;threadid=4965;start=0#msg41569 date=1075334331]
It's probably due to the fact that MSDN is slow in-and-of itself.
[/quote]Even if that were true how would it matter? Myndfire said the slowness was in running the OS, not in downloading it.
January 29, 2004, 11:37 PM
Hostile
Yes. Good job, Rabbit! You made Myndfyres seemingly dumb/needless post blend in and get smothered by your even dumber post. More or less, I would not even bothering posting what is most likely an alpha version of it for questioning why it is slow. That would be about as dumb as asking why they didn't include solitaire.
January 30, 2004, 12:37 AM
TheMinistered
Hostile, how does your post have any relevence either?
January 30, 2004, 6:09 PM
Hostile
I like making people feel worse to make myself feel better about my own dark secrets! :P
January 30, 2004, 6:23 PM

Search