Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | AHHHH TROJANS plz assist!!!

AuthorMessageTime
THC
I am having a problem delete some trojans I discovered on my computer they PWA-Narod.dll, PWA-Narod, Reg/Seeker trojan viruses. They are in my _restore/archive file but i am denied access to these files. They may not be manually deleted b/c they are in use OR it resides on a write protected media. If someone can help me out it would be MUCH appreciated.
January 25, 2004, 7:16 AM
Grok
Which operating system and version are you using?

First thing is to run housecall and see if that helps.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com

Removing trojans isn't hard, you just need to prevent them from starting themselves up. That requires killing them and cleaning their load points. For that, you'll need to know the places in the registry where they are loaded. SysInternals has a tool to show that as well.
January 25, 2004, 8:53 AM
THC
I know where they are, it's just the fact that for some reason i cant gain access the archives on that file. and in some other areas i am denied access now too which is new, i was able to enter them before. i tried to clean these files, they cannot be cleaned, deleted or quarentined.And also i looked at your housecall hyperlink but i dont see a free d/l'able version.
January 25, 2004, 7:40 PM
K
[quote author=§THC§ link=board=2;threadid=4891;start=0#msg41089 date=1075059640]
I know where they are, it's just the fact that for some reason i cant gain access the archives on that file. and in some other areas i am denied access now too which is new, i was able to enter them before. i tried to clean these files, they cannot be cleaned, deleted or quarentined.And also i looked at your housecall hyperlink but i dont see a free d/l'able version.
[/quote]

You can't delete them because they were archived by the system restore service. If you've already disabled and deleted them, you should simply be able to create a new restore point to remove them from the backup.
January 25, 2004, 8:23 PM
MrRaza
SpyBot Does that!

http://www.thedragonmaster.net/MrRaza/Spyware%20Removal%20Tools/ look in there, Spybot should should all your problems!
January 25, 2004, 9:10 PM
THC
Thats just the problem they cant be deleted......i cant get to the files. they are in use. how do i stop the files from being in use.
January 26, 2004, 12:04 AM
Skywing
[quote author=§THC§ link=board=2;threadid=4891;start=0#msg41124 date=1075075465]
Thats just the problem they cant be deleted......i cant get to the files. they are in use. how do i stop the files from being in use.
[/quote]Try disabling System Restore (or whatever it's called) and then deleting the restore directory.
January 26, 2004, 12:08 AM
iago
Try booting in safemode first, F8 while booting.

Also, make sure they aren't booting on startup by running msconfig.

And you don't download housecall, it's done online.
January 26, 2004, 2:33 AM
MrRaza
[quote author=MrRaza link=board=2;threadid=4891;start=0#msg41098 date=1075065034]
SpyBot Does that!

http://www.thedragonmaster.net/MrRaza/Spyware%20Removal%20Tools/ look in there, Spybot should should all your problems!
[/quote]

On a second note, SpyBot, checks to see whether or not the infected files are in memory. So upon reboot, it removes them before most of the OS has even started up.
January 26, 2004, 3:46 PM
Hostile
Tell you what, I'll give you this program that gives me total access to your computer and remove it for you, sound good?
January 27, 2004, 3:46 AM

Search