Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | unreal tournament 2003

AuthorMessageTime
Probe
im getting this game tommarow, wondering if anyone plays? maybe we can play sometime
January 18, 2004, 1:40 AM
Tasha
Nope, it sucks. IF you didn't have Lacuna Coil in your profile i'd say you suck ::)
January 18, 2004, 3:27 AM
Savage
yup ut2k3 is ok grfx are realy good

but if you have ut and stike force mod we play that sometimes
if you dont have and want to play i can hook you up
February 4, 2004, 8:49 PM
mavrick_kr
I agree with #2. The game blows, but I liked instagib with low gravity on the first ut,
February 8, 2004, 4:58 AM
Denial
its ok ive had it for a while but unreal tournament classic is better
February 8, 2004, 7:29 AM
j0k3r
I have it, it's not currently installed though. The game is ok, I wouldn't say great.
February 8, 2004, 12:53 PM
Hostile
eh, I ignored this thread for a while since UT2k3 had so much wrong with it, but luckily now that you spend $30 on UT2k3 you can get a $10 mail in rebate with your purchase of Unreal Tournament 2004 which will come out very soon. And if I may quote their site:
[quote]
In development by Epic Games -- the masterminds behind the Unreal franchise -- in conjunction with Digital Extremes, Unreal Tournament 2004 builds on the success of last year’s smash Unreal Tournament 2003, adding all new maps, characters, play modes, vehicles, weapons and technology. Featuring more than twice the amount of content as its predecessor (Unreal Tournament 2003), Unreal Tournament 2004 challenges gamers to develop lightning-fast reflexes and battlefield strategy.
[/quote]

Its mainly what UT2k3 should've been. Its going to be awesome though, with a linux and AMD64 version. :p
February 8, 2004, 3:43 PM
Hitmen
AMD64 version? Maybe we can get a benchmark of the processors real capabilities for once.
February 8, 2004, 7:38 PM
Hostile
lol If you think the reason they suck on benchmarks is because its not being full tested then you're wrong :p However since it will be played while using the Athlon 64's actual 64 bit part instead of the 32 bit, it prove nice. But don't expect a benchmark from it, since a benchmark requires all of the same components with the exclusion of the exact one you're testing and require the exact same version of the benchmark, in which it would be a differently made game for it. You will not see any comparisons from it but you may actually see what the processor can really do, yes.
February 9, 2004, 2:18 AM
Probe
i bought the game for $20
February 9, 2004, 3:04 AM
j0k3r
www.ebay.com

Can probably get it for 5$.
February 9, 2004, 3:26 AM
MrRaza
I'll sell my copy for $2
February 9, 2004, 7:13 PM
Probe
why dont you just give it away if your selling it THAT cheap
February 9, 2004, 7:48 PM
Rock
It's a good game if you like a quick action shooting game. If you want more strategy w/ shooting then CS is the best choice.
March 5, 2004, 3:32 AM
Hitmen
[quote author=Rock link=board=3;threadid=4775;start=0#msg47576 date=1078457536]
It's a good game if you like a quick action shooting game. If you want more strategy w/ shooting then CS is the best choice.
[/quote]
If you want a strategy game with shooting play Ghost Recon, CS is still a run and gun game. In games like Ghost Recon you actually have to stop and think before you get your ass blown off.
March 5, 2004, 8:39 PM
j0k3r
CS has many different objectives and multiple ways to accomplish them, I think that's what he meant.
March 5, 2004, 9:32 PM
Adron
[quote author=Hitmen link=board=3;threadid=4775;start=0#msg47737 date=1078519145]
If you want a strategy game with shooting play Ghost Recon, CS is still a run and gun game. In games like Ghost Recon you actually have to stop and think before you get your ass blown off.
[/quote]

You don't really have to stop and think in pvp Ghost Recon. Running around works nicely too.

In firefight style coop play, you have to sneak around a lot. Not much strategy involved, just patience.

In defend style coop play, picking a good position is important, much like CS.

In mission style play, you have to understand the triggers to be successful. I suppose it could perhaps be called to stop and think. It doesn't involve that much interesting strategy though, as the computer plays mostly the same way every time.
March 6, 2004, 12:28 AM

Search