Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Re:SERVER MAINTANANCE

AuthorMessageTime
iago
[quote]Task 'mail.valhallalegends.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'[/quote]

What's Wrong!!? ;)

I'm going to take their advice and email my ISP! (Joking, of course)
January 15, 2004, 2:23 PM
Grok
I will be attempting to transfer email tonight.
January 15, 2004, 3:07 PM
iago
Actually, can you post here when it's updated, or sometime after it's updated? I disabled the account on my desktop here because I was sick of an outlook error popping up every 3 minutes when it tries to check :)
January 15, 2004, 5:26 PM
Skywing
[quote author=iago link=board=1;threadid=4726;start=0#msg39678 date=1074187605]
Actually, can you post here when it's updated, or sometime after it's updated? I disabled the account on my desktop here because I was sick of an outlook error popping up every 3 minutes when it tries to check :)
[/quote]
You could just close Outlook...
January 15, 2004, 6:19 PM
Kp
[quote author=iago link=board=1;threadid=4726;start=0#msg39678 date=1074187605]
Actually, can you post here when it's updated, or sometime after it's updated? I disabled the account on my desktop here because I was sick of an outlook error popping up every 3 minutes when it tries to check :)[/quote]

3 minutes?? Are you that afraid of not getting a message immediately?! :P

[Edit: fixed that my text appeared to be a quote.]
January 15, 2004, 6:25 PM
iago
Well, this is at work, and I don't really use that machine for much else. Plus, I DO need to get emails immediatly for work-related events. Plus, I occasionally have IM-ish chats with people through email :)
January 15, 2004, 6:51 PM
kamakazie
[quote author=iago link=board=1;threadid=4726;start=0#msg39688 date=1074192682]
Well, this is at work, and I don't really use that machine for much else. Plus, I DO need to get emails immediatly for work-related events. Plus, I occasionally have IM-ish chats with people through email :)
[/quote]

"Im-ish" chats here (Dartmouth) are quite frequent over e-mail (we call it Blitz). In fact, it's *the* means of electronic communication from a student's and professor's perspective.
January 15, 2004, 7:29 PM
iago
Yeah, I also do it with professor's if I'm too lazy to go upstairs and see them. Usually they will end up with me saying, "I'll come see you.. be there in about a minute."

Having outlook open on an otherwise useless machine (ok, I lie, it's also using winamp and connected to www.heavymetalradio.com) is a good thing here.
January 15, 2004, 9:05 PM
Grok
This is a news post. Take your chat elsewhere.
January 15, 2004, 10:42 PM

Search