Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | CD Drive not working.

AuthorMessageTime
j0k3r
My CDRW/DVD combo drive got messed up around the 15th, so I sent it to manufacturer and they sent it back. The problem was it wouldn't read, I don't know how they fixed it or what.

Now I try plugging it in, and the power doesn't come on on the drive, I'm sure the power works because I had another drive plugged in with it a couple minutes ago... Any ideas?
January 10, 2004, 1:03 PM
j0k3r
Or I tried booting it up again, power comes on within first 5 seconds of bootup then shuts off. The little LED light comes on and I can open the drive, but then the light goes off again.

It doesn't show in 'My Computer'.
January 10, 2004, 1:09 PM
Denial
well i had that problem once with my whole computer it started for like 5 seconds and boom totally shuts down it was the um power supply
January 10, 2004, 2:30 PM
Stealth
Are the drive's jumpers set correctly? I've seen this before, but I don't exactly remember what I did to correct it.
January 10, 2004, 6:23 PM
Mitosis
[quote author=Denial link=board=2;threadid=4675;start=0#msg39149 date=1073745059]
well i had that problem once with my whole computer it started for like 5 seconds and boom totally shuts down it was the um power supply
[/quote]

That happened to me before too. Check your power supply to see if its not like burnt out or what ever. You can get new ones for like sixty bucks. And your jumpers could be on backwards too, thats what also caused mine to stop working.
January 10, 2004, 7:06 PM
wut
If you haven't already, try putting the drive on an IDE channel by itself or with another CDROM. I had a problem similar to this where POST wouldn't detect one of my hard drives -- moved my HDD's to controller 1 and my CDROM's to controller 2 and it works fine now :0.
January 12, 2004, 6:23 AM
j0k3r
My internet hasn't been working so I haven't posted but it's fixed.

I unplugged it, tried my old drive that worked before and it didn't work so I figured it wasn't the drive. The power uspply was fine, I just plugged and unplugged ther drives over and over and finally it worked. Nothing changed, it just detected it for some reason, if I can figure out what I did I'll post it here.
January 12, 2004, 3:35 PM
Denial
It was microsoft made
January 12, 2004, 3:51 PM
Adron
Sounds like bad connector or cable, or maybe not plugged into motherboard right.
January 12, 2004, 7:02 PM

Search