Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | D2 Logon

AuthorMessageTime
OnlyMeat
Anyone have any ideas what you send after you receive S->C 0x3e. My packet log says the real client sends some garbage after 0x3e is received - what i mean by garbage is the packet has some info in it i reconise but without a 0xff header.

The server does not disconnect me so it must be waiting for another packet from me.

I have written other clients SC/BW War2 Diablo without any problems but my packet logs dont make any sense after 0x3e is received for d2.
January 9, 2004, 9:41 AM
iago
Are you sure it isn't just a continuation of the previous packet?

And btw, how do you manage to post twice when the "post" button is deactivated after the first time?
January 9, 2004, 1:00 PM
Kp
Are you certain that the 'garbage' message is being sent on the same socket? You might be picking up D2 starting a new discussion with another server, using a different protocol.
January 9, 2004, 6:16 PM
Arta
[quote author=OnlyMeat link=board=17;threadid=4653;start=0#msg38953 date=1073641283]
without a 0xff header.
[/quote]

Realm logon?
January 10, 2004, 3:09 AM
OnlyMeat
I think i see what is happening now, i was just being dumb.

It's to do with the realm secondry connection, that packet without (0xff header) must be the realm protocol logon request.

I think the sequence now after s->c [0x3e] is:

(1). Extract the server ip + port from 0x3e
(2). Create secondry connection for realm server(Assuming tcp/ip)
(3). Send protocol packet (using bnetdocs MCP_STARTUP info)
(4). The rest ill workout later :D

Probably did not help that i was using my own packet capture program (Using winpcap) for some reason it's picking up handshake garbage packets as well, nevermind ill try and get it filtering better later.

Thx for the response btw, once i get the sequence working correctly ill add it to the bnetdocs, hopefully it will benefit others with the same problems.

duplicate Post answer --> First time i used this forum (sorry), i tried using the preview button to see what it would look like then went back to actually post it for some reason it posted twice dont know why :( .
January 10, 2004, 5:13 AM
Adron
[quote author=OnlyMeat link=board=17;threadid=4653;start=0#msg39133 date=1073711624]
duplicate Post answer --> First time i used this forum (sorry), i tried using the preview button to see what it would look like then went back to actually post it for some reason it posted twice dont know why :( .
[/quote]

If you don't enable scripting, I think the preview button works the same as post.
January 11, 2004, 2:08 PM

Search