Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Command Suggestions

AuthorMessageTime
Gangz
I am open for suggestions right now for commands you would like to see on a new bot. Anything you may have wanted and cant find, something you wanted to learn and cant do ( ill write it and open source it) any ideas you have please share
January 7, 2004, 5:01 AM
OuTLawZGoSu
I'd like to see a .seen command. Where the user types .seen <username> and the bot tells them the last time the username was in the channel.
Also, autokick would be phat.

I think ultimate bot got this command.
January 7, 2004, 3:36 PM
Lord-Vegito
since i dont know wut language u use im just gonna assume vb...autokick isnt hard, give a user some flag (eg. K) and when u check user flags upon join do something like

if users flag = "K" then: send "/kick " & username

obviously that isnt the real working code but it should help u understand

and Gangz, wut about sweepban or timeban? sweepban checks a channel and bans everyone in it and timeban bans a user for a certain amount of time and when times up it unbans.

and make sure the sweepban bans everyone in the specified channel, ive noticed that the sweepban on stealthbot stops banning part way through the list for some reason.
January 7, 2004, 9:12 PM
Daniel
how about like a translator button where you can translate your text to german, korean etc now that would be handy
January 7, 2004, 9:40 PM
MesiaH
[quote author=Daniel link=board=17;threadid=4627;start=0#msg38723 date=1073511625]
how about like a translator button where you can translate your text to german, korean etc now that would be handy
[/quote]

Actually i was working on adding that feature to my bot, but the more and more i did, i realized just how useless it is. There is far too much slang, and undefined words to make a TRUE translator..
January 7, 2004, 10:11 PM
Adron
A translator would be really nice to have. Add that, for incoming text!
January 7, 2004, 10:12 PM
Gangz
Hrmm thats a hard project but you cuold understand the koreans HA
January 7, 2004, 10:31 PM
ChR0NiC
A more efficient sweepban would be nice, because alot of bots with sweepban can't ban the ops or a channel with 1 person in it.....
January 10, 2004, 10:16 PM
Arta
Operators can't be banned.
January 11, 2004, 4:24 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=17;threadid=4627;start=0#msg39219 date=1073795075]
Operators can't be banned.
[/quote]

Believe he's talking about banning the operators in another channel, which can be done
January 11, 2004, 4:26 AM
Gangz
Yes and i already talked to him about how to do it
January 11, 2004, 4:39 AM
ChR0NiC
Damn it.....I forgot how......can you refresh my memory :(
January 11, 2004, 11:51 AM

Search