Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | DarkVirus Fan Forum | Forum Guidlines

AuthorMessageTime
DarkVirusThis forum is thanks to Grok for his prompt creating because I was joking with DM about wanting a fan club forum, Grok comes back after 2 min of saying it and says hes done. So I get my own forum! Smiley  Btw for those that DONT know me like jnem, Im DarkVirus, Ive been in vL sinse the beginning ( one of the first 10 members ). Im a programmer and all that fun stuff that only vL members are  Cool As for all guidlines, there will be no offensive content or any of that crap. But questions and all that fun stuff can be asked here cause Im that type of guy Smiley Anways thanks Grok CoolJanuary 08, 2003, 03:21 pm
n00blar

Im a programmer and all that fun stuff that only vL members are  

really? last time i checked i wasn't in vL and still I  am still a programmer =p maybe im dillusional
January 08, 2003, 03:54 pm
Groknah, you can just can't read.

"Im a programmer and all that fun stuff that only vL members are"
-DarkVirus
January 08, 2003, 09:09 pm
EtheranDon't forget about all that fun stuff that only FE members are.  I guess Cuphead got to experience both .. damn him!! :pJanuary 08, 2003, 11:55 pm
ZakathI might get to be both too sometime soon! Smiley

Maybe...
January 09, 2003, 04:15 am
WolfCooooL, I can ask a shit load of questions?  Grin

Why is the sky blue?
Why is water so wet?
Why do they put thows things at the end of shoe laces?
Why does shit stink so much?
Why did the dinosaurs get extinct?
Why do they call the "W" a "double U" when it looks like a double V?
Why is Laten considered a dead language?
Why is it that everything thats good to eat in this world always seems to be the colour brown?

Hehehehe Cheesy Grin
January 09, 2003, 04:23 am
YoniI'm ashamed to say I knew the answers to most of those questions :-/. But here's a question nobody knows the answer to:

Why is it that when you go to a restaurant and get a glass of cola with a straw, the straw keeps floating all the way up your cola so that its bottom edge is at the top, sometimes causing your straw to fall out?
January 09, 2003, 02:04 pm
kNiGhTim going to say b/c of the carbonation.  air bubbles stick to the straw causing it to rise.January 09, 2003, 03:15 pm
EibroI'm guessing because the straw weighs less than the water it displaces?January 09, 2003, 04:28 pm
DarkVirusBecause when you go to a restaurant your soda is mixed from the syrup in a box/container, then mixed with water and then the co2 mixes in to get the bubbly feeling and also creates the soda to NOT be flat. The answer is there is so much oxygen in your soda in a restaurant that the straw floats to the top because the excessive ammounts of oxygen floats up along with the carbonation. Not to mention the weight of a straw is so insignificant that its easily pushed to the top by reacurring C02.  CoolJanuary 09, 2003, 04:54 pm
WolfGrin Grin Grin hehehe neet0

This is like something I did in school one day...I went around asking people in the hallways, "What is the simplest way of describing a fire?". I ended up getting answers like:

-Something that emits heat
-Something that emits light
-Something that brakes down a fuling substance
-Something that causes an energy conversion
-Something that hurts when you try to touch it

It's funny how some people can't seems to simplify a defination for the simplest things on this planet that alot of us use in our day to day lives, because the answer was "Chemical Reaction"

Wink Cheesy Grin ^.^
January 09, 2003, 05:58 pm
DarkVirusFire: Combustuble Material + Oxygen + Heat.  
No Fire: Lack of Oxygen.
January 10, 2003, 12:33 am
GrokFLOATING STRAW --

The adhesive forces of the carbonation bubbles to the straw are greater than the difference between the straw's weight and the total bouyancy of the bubbles.  Thus the bubbles carry the straw along for the ride as they float to the top.

If the adhesive forces were less, the bubbles would just float up, leaving the straw to fall on the bottom.

Glad to be of service.
January 10, 2003, 09:07 am
GrokSimilar to the fire questions is ... "Why can't you burn water?"January 10, 2003, 09:19 am
mejal_floating straw_
You can do a simular experiment with raisins. Different to the straw, the raisins deliver the carbon dioxid bubbles at the surface and sink to the bottom again. After that the process repeats. I call it a raisin elevator.
January 10, 2003, 10:44 am
jnem Or, instead of ruining your perfectly good soda by dropping shit in it, you could drink it. January 11, 2003, 07:52 pm