Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Question

AuthorMessageTime
Lobo.id
Ok here is my problem and its kinda wierd, I have 56k right now(Because they do not have broodband down my way yet) but when I go to click on ie or Start Trillan I want it to connect now When I go to Internet options and select always Dial my Default connection, but when I restart my computer it changes back to never dial my default connection yes my connection is set as default and yes I do hit apply but I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it And I use windows Me operating system.
February 16, 2003, 10:15 PM
Lobo.id
Ok, Now this is something stange when I first start comp up I will try to connect though IE or Trillan and it won't connet close out the program reopen it and it will connect, This is driving me Crazy!
February 16, 2003, 11:06 PM
iago
I would suggest changing your operating system.  Windows ME is the worst one I have ever seen in terms of doing stupid things.
February 17, 2003, 2:45 PM
Lobo.id
I probally Will, I got 2000 just never put it on this comp I may do it but I would like to figure out whats causeing this problem
February 17, 2003, 5:14 PM
Yoni
Of all Windows OS's, ME is the worst and 2K is the best.
Install 2K and see if the problem persists.
February 17, 2003, 6:20 PM
Lobo.id
K yoni, When I find the disk I will  :o
February 17, 2003, 8:11 PM
Lobo.id

Does anyone know why I cannot connect to icq.com but my icq will connect makes no sense and like the flowers that shows up after the scipt made to  generate it does not show up this makes no sense and when I go to ping icq.com it says unknown host
February 17, 2003, 11:35 PM
Lobo.id
I figured it may could have been my isp but doesnt icq use login.icq.com to log in
February 17, 2003, 11:56 PM
Lobo.id
C:\WINDOWS>ping login.icq.com
Unknown host login.icq.com.

C:\WINDOWS>ping icq.com
Unknown host icq.com.
thats the ping Heres what the icq status is when it connects. *** Failure resolving "login.icq.com"!  Attempting to connect to a known server... I guess I was wroung its not connecting to that I guess it is my isp...
February 18, 2003, 12:14 AM
iago
Try to ping an ip address:
[quote]Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    login.login-r.rotors.icq.com
Addresses:  64.12.161.185, 64.12.200.89, 64.12.161.153
Aliases:  login.icq.com[/quote]

If you can ping them, then it's your DNS Server, make sure they are configered right.  If you can't ping them, try a tracert and see what happens there.
February 18, 2003, 4:00 AM

Search