Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | license for winsock?

AuthorMessageTime
neoxgold
when i go to vb 6 and add the controls( winsock ), it will say "you do not have the approprate license, to use the design enviroment" ?? wht do i have to do to get license?
please help! :'(
January 2, 2004, 4:34 PM
Grok
You need the professional or enterprise edition of VB6, I believe.
January 2, 2004, 4:34 PM
neoxgold
do u no where i can get it?
January 2, 2004, 4:35 PM
hismajesty
www.amazon.com probably, if not check eBay or something.
January 2, 2004, 4:59 PM
Tontow
[quote author=neoxgold link=board=31;threadid=4563;start=0#msg38033 date=1073061241]
when i go to vb 6 and add the controls( winsock ), it will say "you do not have the approprate license, to use the design enviroment" ?? wht do i have to do to get license?
[/quote]

i got the same message with vb5 while trying to add inet control, it was a bug with vb5 and might be in 6, there should be a patch somewhere....
January 2, 2004, 10:01 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Tontow link=board=31;threadid=4563;start=0#msg38081 date=1073080916]
[quote author=neoxgold link=board=31;threadid=4563;start=0#msg38033 date=1073061241]
[/quote]

i got the same message with vb5 while trying to add inet control, it was a bug with vb5 and might be in 6, there should be a patch somewhere....
[/quote]

There is, it's included in the full version.
January 2, 2004, 10:05 PM
neoxgold
is there a site where i can get a free but full version, cause im only a kid i don't work..... :-\
January 3, 2004, 2:55 AM
Grok
[quote author=neoxgold link=board=31;threadid=4563;start=0#msg38108 date=1073098558]
is there a site where i can get a free but full version, cause im only a kid i don't work..... :-\
[/quote]

Now is the best time for you to be learning C or C++, not Visual Basic. If you learn VB now at this impressionable age, it will scar you for life. You won't be able to easily recover from the bad ways you have to program using Visual Basic.

I highly recommend you stay away from Visual Basic 6.0, and learn a programmer's language, like C. Because you're probably very young, hold off on C++ for a couple years, or at least until you're fluent in C. This I say because I'm not sure you're at a sufficiently developed age to manipulate abstractions with ease. A couple more years and that will come.
January 3, 2004, 3:04 AM
neoxgold
k, thx
January 3, 2004, 3:57 AM
hismajesty
Yes, I too suggest starting with something besides VB. I didn't and it really hurt me/ is hurting me. Because every time I sit down to learn another language (besides web based languages) it is painful or something. :'(
January 3, 2004, 4:07 AM
neoxgold
well, srry to hear that
January 3, 2004, 4:08 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=neoxgold link=board=31;threadid=4563;start=0#msg38122 date=1073102903]
well, srry to hear that
[/quote]

Me too, the only reason I wanted to learn it was to make a bot and become instantly popular. So I decided to get CSB and leech code. I kick myself everyday for that (vb, csb, and mainly leeching)
January 3, 2004, 4:11 AM
ChR0NiC
I agree.......I have learned VB, and now the ways of VB have destroyed me......I wish I could only wipe my memory or switch to C++ but it's too late for me now :-\ So learn C\C++ and dont bother with VB bro.....
January 5, 2004, 11:53 PM
iago
I learned basic and vb first, I taught myself for the most part. Then when I learned C++, I already knew how to learn a language, and found it quite easy to transfer my knowledge over. Now I don't even touch vb, I havent' had it installed for at least 6 months, and I don't miss it.

Go with C. Free compiler at www.bloodshed.net - it's an IDE based on the GNU gcc compiler.
January 7, 2004, 12:28 PM
Dyndrilliac
I just recently started learning C++/C and swiitched directly from Visual Basic, I don't know what you people are talking about....it's still the same logic, as long as you dont get the syntax of the languages confused your fine.
January 9, 2004, 6:28 PM
St0rm.iD
I'm a fan of C++ and wxWindows.
January 11, 2004, 4:14 AM

Search