Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | DarkVirus Fan Forum | Creating my new computer!

AuthorMessageTime
DarkVirusSo anyways, I got the brilliant idea a few weeks ago to go through an extensive and rather mind rattling crash course in the world of hardware in quite a few aspects... my head still hurts Tongue Anyways... Ive picked out half my system   (G-Box Computer Case, Black 3.5 Floppy drive, Black 16x DVD drive, 2400+ 233fbs 2ghz CPU, Soundblaster Audigy 2, Western Digital Special 7200 RPM 80Gig HD, with an Asus A7V266-E Motherboard) for a grand total of 468 dollars so far minus the cables and other shit.. o and a video card and sound system! Anyways, any suggestions on the other accessories and / or changes to the current hardware? Keep in mind Im not a "hardcore" gamer like the rest of the build it yourselfers... so please dont bomb me with cards that range in the 300+ range mark Tongue I'm getting a lot of my shit off newegg.com so if you wanna double check prices and then know of a place to get it for cheaper then tell me Smiley  btw the motherboard is free for me so im maxing it out with the 2ghz cpu which explains why i have it  CoolMarch 03, 2003, 02:16 pm
Etherannvidia GeForce ti4200 is a nice video card.  It isn't that expensive and it works very well.March 08, 2003, 12:18 am
NaemThe Ti series is pretty outdated and isn't going to do too well in newer games. I recommend the Radeon 9600 XT, its price to power ratio is simply unmatched. You can get a Radeon 9800 or 9800 XT if you've got a lot of money.October 28, 2003, 11:43 pm
HitmenUm, they weren't outdated in march, when this thread was made.October 29, 2003, 05:00 pm