Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Why does this happen?

AuthorMessageTime
AerN
Alright, ive been spending my time on the XGN server warring, and personally only bot I prefer is z0rg, anyways I deciced to make my own, (CHAT CLIENT) works fine logging onto useast.battle.net, but then I put the XGN ip in, and it just hangs around at "Connecting..." is there something I should switch around in the module or code of it?
December 31, 2003, 9:48 PM
Kp
[quote author=AerN link=board=17;threadid=4538;start=0#msg37806 date=1072907307]
Alright, ive been spending my time on the XGN server warring, and personally only bot I prefer is z0rg, anyways I deciced to make my own, (CHAT CLIENT) works fine logging onto useast.battle.net, but then I put the XGN ip in, and it just hangs around at "Connecting..." is there something I should switch around in the module or code of it?
[/quote]

Yes. Prohibit it connecting to third-party servers, which are notorious for their inability to follow established protocol.
December 31, 2003, 9:58 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=AerN link=board=17;threadid=4538;start=0#msg37806 date=1072907307]
[/quote]

They could have been having one of their drops or something
December 31, 2003, 10:09 PM
AerN
No drops, I made sure I could connect on a different bot, all was good.. hmm its bothersum heh
December 31, 2003, 10:27 PM
Stealth
XgN isn't very difficult to log onto using CHAT.. are you properly parsing the messages from the server?
January 1, 2004, 8:11 AM
AerN
Yeah, I got it
January 1, 2004, 6:23 PM
Kp
[quote author=AerN link=board=17;threadid=4538;start=0#msg37915 date=1072981392]Yeah, I got it[/quote]

What was wrong?
January 1, 2004, 6:27 PM
AerN
lol prolly going to laugh, but I don't have functions in it, to tell me like incorrect password or account doesn't exist, anyways lol it was wrong password heh
------------------------
bleh, im calling my self a dumbfaulker k? heh
January 1, 2004, 8:01 PM

Search