Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | DarkVirus Fan Forum | Funny thing happend at work today...

AuthorMessageTime
DarkVirus I walked into my job today for the first time (btw I had been a temporary employee there for a few months so I knew the place / people pretty well ) and started working. My boss came up to me and asked me what my email address was. Btw last Tuesday morning I wrote an email to him thanking him for asking me to step into a soux chef position ( btw why cant I land a computer job yet.. o yea cause I dont have any papers saying I have 8 years of experience but I can have 4 years of kitchen experience and land a high paying job in the field that my intended major is not in... go figure  :-/ ) Anyways, as everyone knows my email is DarkVirus@ValhallaLegends.Com... I replyed to him and started saying my email... he stopped me at DarkVirus and asked me what that was about. I said it was an old skool name I made up years back when I was on the hacking scene and it also means I have a desire to learn about the dark ages, magic and such of the dark arcane arts... but anyways heres the funny part. Last week when he recieved the message he apparently called C&S security ( btw C&S is one of the largest food / misc product facilities on the east coast) and said he recieved an email from me ( not knowing it was actually me though) and they had an hour or so party exploring the email and trying to find all routes to it incase it had somehow accessed their databases. He apperently thought I was trying to hack the facilities database and networks so he gave the email to them and deleted it off his system. I then proceeded to explain to him and my supervisor that if someone wanted to access the networks from a foreign computer it wouldnt be too hard and plus they wouldnt send an email bound virus / worm especially when the name might possibly give it away. I then stopped there and walked away in fear of a CUPHEAD moment happening where they might ask me if I ever had previous knowlege of accessing the network and then confinscated my shit etc... Smiley  The point is I'm rather flattered that me sending a legit non-malicious intended email baffled security for quite some time Smiley  God people are fucking stupid  Cool February 03, 2003, 01:42 pm
kNiGhT
I then stopped there and walked away in fear of a CUPHEAD moment

lol  Grin
February 03, 2003, 02:04 pm
Yoni Hehe, happens. February 04, 2003, 05:50 pm
Noodlez the first time i used aol, i sent an email to "bill@gates.com" and i got a email back from "daemon ntreturned mail" (i was like 7) it freaked me out so much i unplugged the computer and didnt touch it for a week February 05, 2003, 08:57 pm
iago Daemons are either evil creatures from another dimension who feed off the souls of virgins (like _____), or programs that sit in a specific port and do stuff with info is recieved.  What do those have in common? :-) February 06, 2003, 06:07 am
Etheran Maybe you should try emailing him again; I'm sure he only has the nicest things to say to you.  Cheesy March 08, 2003, 12:23 am
Joe[x86] A cuphead moment? I guess I have something to read up on here. January 02, 2005, 04:40 pm
NetNX OMG pwnage lol March 08, 2005, 01:33 pm
hismajesty[yL]LOL THIS TOPIC IS OLD YOU NEWBIE JOE LOLJune 30, 2005, 06:10 PM
Blaze« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 05:40 pm »      Reply with quote
A cuphead moment? I guess I have something to read up on here.

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 02:33 pm »      Reply with quote
OMG pwnage lol

« Reply #8 on: Today at 07:10:45 PM »      Reply with quote
LOL THIS TOPIC IS OLD YOU NEWBIE JOE LOL

I love the intervals..
June 30, 2005, 09:08 PM
ShoutHAHAHAXORJune 30, 2005, 10:40 PM
Elneroth
the first time i used aol, i sent an email to "bill@gates.com" and i got a email back from "daemon ntreturned mail" (i was like 7) it freaked me out so much i unplugged the computer and didnt touch it for a week

lol, hillarious...
October 17, 2005, 06:58 PM