Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | VB6 question

AuthorMessageTime
Tontow
is it possable to use VB6 to log on to a sit (wich uses php) and issue commands??? - like a forum or more spicifically, somthing like www.battlereprots.com??
December 30, 2003, 7:44 PM
Grok
[quote author=Tontow link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=0#msg37635 date=1072813498]
is it possable to use VB6 to log on to a sit (wich uses php) and issue commands??? - like a forum or more spicifically, somthing like www.battlereprots.com??
[/quote]

I think you're wanting a VB6 client to connect to BattleReports and read information back, interpret it, and do something locally.

Your VB6 client can do that, however if you're reading HTML, and the formatting of it changes in unidentifiable or predictable way, your VB6 client will stop working.

I used to do the same thing to download stats off NFL.com each week, and process them in SQL Server.

The program doesn't run ON the target site, it runs on your own computer and connects to the target site the same as you would, via HTTP, probably the WebBrowser OCX.
December 30, 2003, 8:05 PM
Tontow
kinda, i want to connect, read information, and send information.
ie: i want to post on the forum without going to the form and be able to edit what i said after i posted and be able to edit that post.

battlereports is a tounyment brackit generator sit - im makeing a chat plugin(manage everything chat side without going to the web page)

im just wondering if somthing like that is possable
December 31, 2003, 12:47 AM
Grok
That doesn't make sense. Post on the site without going to it? That's what your browser does. You're not really on the forum, your browser is receiving data from, and sending data to it.

You're simply wanting to write an alternate browser that has some automated functions for a specific website's abilities.
December 31, 2003, 2:09 AM
Adron
Ya Man Itz Possible!!!

:P

Now, anything else you wanted to know?
December 31, 2003, 2:11 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Adron link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=0#msg37682 date=1072836717]
Ya Man Itz Possible!!!
[/quote]

Possable*
December 31, 2003, 2:59 AM
Tontow
not so much as a web browser as an interface.

[quote] That doesn't make sense. Post on the site without going to it? That's what your browser does. You're not really on the forum, your browser is receiving data from, and sending data to it. [/quote]

thats not what i ment, if i make a new form - and add a boxs for subject/message, dropdown menue for message icon, and a buttions for post/preview/reset form
i wouldnt be visiting the web sit forum (i gess it would be site specific)

what would be the best way to do this???
December 31, 2003, 3:15 AM
Crypticflare
[quote]thats not what i ment, if i make a new form - and add a boxs for subject/message, dropdown menue for message icon, and a buttions for post/preview/reset form
i wouldnt be visiting the web sit forum (i gess it would be site specific)
[/quote]

As grok said it would still be considered a web browswer.

I understand the reasoning you want for it, but is a site/forum that hard to navigate through that would require a 3rd party type application to do the work?
December 31, 2003, 3:50 AM
Tontow
[quote author=Crypticflare link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=0#msg37697 date=1072842607]

I understand the reasoning you want for it, but is a site/forum that hard to navigate through that would require a 3rd party type application to do the work?
[/quote]

for what i want it for it would be alot ezer:
im makeing a tournyment brackit generator for BG3 (www.novaslp.net/bg3/ ), wich works with bots and lets them in to private channels on battlenet(a free gameing service for 'StarCraft' 'starcraft:broodwar' and the warcraft series), if u have ever tryed to manage a 32+ man tourny you know it can be hell
so im writing a plugin to automate signups,win reproting, cheeter reproting, ect to make it alot ezer, a bracket generator plugin has been requested several times but one has never been made so im makeing one- a big one
December 31, 2003, 4:22 AM
Grok
[quote author=Tontow link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=0#msg37703 date=1072844525]
[quote author=Crypticflare link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=0#msg37697 date=1072842607]

[/quote]

for what i want it for it would be alot ezer:
im makeing a tournyment brackit generator for BG3 (www.novaslp.net/bg3/ ), wich works with bots and lets them in to private channels on battlenet(a free gameing service for 'StarCraft' 'starcraft:broodwar' and the warcraft series)[/quote]

Free? Neat. How can we sign up for this 'battlenet' thing?
December 31, 2003, 4:52 AM
Tontow
right now any game that is made by blizzard intertanment www.blizzard.com ie: its only for there games, its crap except for the warcraft 3 part of it, but its free - anything older than WarCraft 3 has its latter flooded with hacked accounts and 30-50% of the ppl hack, and i hope u like playing with 56k kittes who are around 10 years old ::)

now back to my question.........
December 31, 2003, 6:00 AM
iago
Ugh, hackers.. I know how grok feels about that for sure.

I just wish somebody would make a game like Diablo that you could play online with a free service like that :(
December 31, 2003, 4:22 PM
Spht
[quote author=Tontow link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=0#msg37715 date=1072850430]
right now any game that is made by blizzard intertanment www.blizzard.com ie: its only for there games, its crap except for the warcraft 3 part of it, but its free - anything older than WarCraft 3 has its latter flooded with hacked accounts and 30-50% of the ppl hack, and i hope u like playing with 56k kittes who are around 10 years old ::)

now back to my question.........
[/quote]

I checked out their web site and it looks cool. Is it like IRC where you can chat, but in this you can also play games too? Do you have any screen shots?
December 31, 2003, 5:51 PM
Tontow
thay may or may not have the inchat screens on there sit - i know that thay have in game ones, but ill see about takeing some and posting them
December 31, 2003, 7:31 PM
Grok
[quote author=Tontow link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=0#msg37786 date=1072899118]
thay may or may not have the inchat screens on there sit - i know that thay have in game ones, but ill see about takeing some and posting them
[/quote]

email me one of their games so i can play online?
December 31, 2003, 8:16 PM
Tontow
go to the store and shell out 10$ for starcraft + starcraft:broodwar
and diablo 2 + the xpac is about 20$, or u could alwasy look for them off of kaza but be carful u dont get a virus.
December 31, 2003, 11:04 PM
hismajesty
This battle.net thing sounds fun; however, I'm scared if I was able to get on it somehow, those 56k ladder h4x0rs will leet trojan me during a game of broodcraft.
December 31, 2003, 11:07 PM
DaRk-FeAnOr
It is elot ezier to just make a prograym for starcraft:broodwar that will cownnect to the free service battle.net using a non intrenet based programmyng lenguage. Why does your brackyt genaratar need to be in a web based programmyng langege? You can just store it locally and possybally upload the brackeet using FTP upload. It could work like any regalar VB clynt!
December 31, 2003, 11:32 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=DaRk-FeAnOr link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=15#msg37823 date=1072913523]
It is elot ezier to just make a prograym for starcraft:broodwar that will cownnect to the free service battle.net using a non intrenet based programmyng lenguage. Why does your brackyt genaratar need to be in a web based programmyng langege? You can just store it locally and possybally upload the brackeet using FTP upload. It could work like any regalar VB clynt!
[/quote]

What the hell is wrong with you?
January 1, 2004, 12:43 AM
Tontow
[quote author=UserLoser. link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=15#msg37831 date=1072917815]
[quote author=DaRk-FeAnOr link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=15#msg37823 date=1072913523]
[/quote]

What the hell is wrong with you?
[/quote]

Thats what i want to know, and when did VB6 become a web based programming language? VBScript is web base but not VB6 :-\ and storing it locally and useing ftp will be one method that my plugin will have avalible but the web page it spits out is acsi drawn crap :( >:( :(
January 1, 2004, 2:10 AM
Crypticflare
I'm so sorry it had to come to this.

[img]http://www.cfdesigns.org/Images/sdector.gif[/img]
January 1, 2004, 2:58 AM
hismajesty
Communist Lies! But i still want 2 kno y u paly broodcraft wit all teh h4x0rs.
January 1, 2004, 3:00 AM
Tontow
i dont play with hackers, i game with ppl i know dont hack
January 1, 2004, 5:33 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Tontow link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=15#msg37852 date=1072935194]
i dont play with hackers, i game with ppl i know dont hack
[/quote]

but wat if day dcide 2 hak!
January 1, 2004, 7:49 AM
Tontow
i go to a channel called " clan pros " its not a clan, just a nutral gameing channal, like publick channals but without the spam and hackers, go to www.killerpro.com for more, and if u hack u are baned no questions asked, if ur an ass ur banned, etc. its mostly SC/BW players but there are some WC3 and D2 players, and iv yet to run into a hacker on WC3, probabbly because its farly new - came out last year (2003)

if u like free gameing then try 'Game Spy' or www.msn.zone.com (www.zone.com) for any microsoft game and some others, if u look for them u will find them, and reading the box dosent heart eather :P
January 1, 2004, 8:27 AM
Grok
[quote author=Tontow link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=15#msg37867 date=1072945671]
i go to a channel called " clan pros ". if u hack u are baned no questions asked[/quote]

Can I be the one to point out that what you want to do to BattleReports is just as much hacking as what people are doing to Starcraft? You want to alter the user experience of the interface to BattleReports, using the information which it sends you, and which you send to the site. Game hackers do the same thing. The difference here is you convince yourself that you aren't hacking, and can explain it away.
January 1, 2004, 4:43 PM
DaRk-FeAnOr
OMG their is a netral gameing channal on battle.com? Sweat! How do I go they're!? But whut if the peple hax me? Then I am scriwed. :(
January 1, 2004, 8:01 PM
Tontow
[quote author=Grok link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=15#msg37904 date=1072975439]

Can I be the one to point out that what you want to do to BattleReports is just as much hacking as what people are doing to Starcraft? You want to alter the user experience of the interface to BattleReports, using the information which it sends you, and which you send to the site. Game hackers do the same thing. The difference here is you convince yourself that you aren't hacking, and can explain it away.
[/quote]

i was mearly useing battlereports as an example sence www.pgtour.net isnt released to the public yet and wont be till the 10th - PGTour (Pros Gameing Tour) will be vary simimlar to http://www.wgtour.com/ and will have php bots to manage the latters(ask about pgtour on the www.killerpro.com forums)
[u]also note that Im one the the admins for pgt and have accesses to the server and the owner of that server (Your-Killer) is helping me with the plugin and is fully awaire and has aproved of what im trying to do[/u]

I classify hacking as:
useing a 3ed party program to cheet or alter game play - this is what the hackers on starcraft do
accesseing a system WITHOUT permition and then screwing the system up by virus/trogening/crashing/ect - its impossable to do this over battlenet, thay would have to accesses ur computer directly but only .00000000000001% know how

and from dictionary.com:
Informal.
To write or refine computer programs skillfully.
To use one's skill in computer programming to gain illegal or unauthorized access to a file or network: hacked into the company's intranet

I never intended to use battlereports for my plugin as i dont have permishions on there server, [u]I was mearly useing them/it as an example sence www.pgtour.net has a similar system and pgtour.net wont be released to the public utill the 10th and is the reason i started this project so as to make it ALOT easyer on us pgtour admins[/u]

do some research befor you call someone a hacker, i do and it saves me one hell of a headack
January 1, 2004, 8:09 PM
Tontow
[quote author=DaRk-FeAnOr link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=15#msg37934 date=1072987260]
OMG their is a netral gameing channal on battle.com? Sweat! How do I go they're!? But whut if the peple hax me? Then I am scriwed. :(
[/quote]
its called battlenet and u need one of blizzards games all of wich have a mutiplayer option for battlenet, from there its as symple as typing " /join clan pros "
and its impossable to use battlenet to hack ur computer, thay just use programs to explote holes in the game, an example with be the anoying stack hack: it lets them build 2 buildigns in the exact same place
if someone hackes vs me i just exit the game, save the replay and send it in to blizzard and that hacker can say goodbuy to his cdkey forever
January 1, 2004, 8:16 PM
Adron
[quote author=Tontow link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=15#msg37936 date=1072987754]
and from dictionary.com:
Informal.
To write or refine computer programs skillfully.

do some research befor you call someone a hacker, i do and it saves me one hell of a headack
[/quote]

Yes, we'd never want to call you someone who writes or refines computer programs skillfully, would we? :P
January 1, 2004, 8:48 PM
Tontow
if u call what im trying to do hacking then u might as well call Trillan a hack, you rember tirllen dont u?? its a program that combines msn chat icq and yahoo messanger into one
and u might as well call all of the download exeleators hacks
along with all the virtual drive programs
and what about bots?? thay alter the interface and are thay considered hackes?? :P :P :P :P :P
January 1, 2004, 9:33 PM
UserLoser.
Bots, atleast Battle.net bots are not hacks - They don't modify anything, and don't change anything then the original
January 1, 2004, 9:59 PM
Adron
Yes, many bots are rather skillfully created. But then there are also many that are created by ordinary boring skilless newbies.

I'm not sure if I'd Trillian is really skillfully written. I seem to hear many people say it crashes and doesn't work very good at all.
January 1, 2004, 9:59 PM
hismajesty
iz som1 hu iz god at wordpad a broodcraft h4xr 2!
January 1, 2004, 11:15 PM
Tontow
[quote author=UserLoser. link=board=31;threadid=4515;start=30#msg37956 date=1072994366]
They don't modify anything, and don't change anything
[/quote]

:o im not trying to modifying anything and im not trying to change anything :o i want to recive and send data to a php script and let the php script take it from there
January 2, 2004, 7:44 AM

Search