Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | [Flash Game] Curve Ball

AuthorMessageTime
CupHead
http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-178.htm

Level 8 is supposedly next to unbeatable.
December 27, 2003, 4:47 PM
Newby
Naw, me and my buddies have gotten level 9-10 .... my friend is really good at getting to level 10 and losing. I'll look for screenshots.
December 27, 2003, 4:53 PM
warz
Got to level 7!
December 27, 2003, 8:32 PM
UserLoser.
[img]http://www.userloser.net/files/pong.png[/img]

Heh, i probably could have beaten it. it scored on me on the first level :o, level 7, and once on level 8
December 27, 2003, 10:16 PM
Probe
i cant get past level 6 =(
December 28, 2003, 1:02 AM
CupHead
I got to level 9 with 4 lives left, but it was insanely hard. I didn't even manage to score a point against this one.
December 28, 2003, 2:03 AM
UserLoser.
Damnit - addicted to this now, can't get past level 8... once again on my last few games the computer(flash/script/whatever) scored on me on level 2!!

Edit: Quitting now, farthest: Level 8, Score: 26955, Red balls left: 2
December 28, 2003, 2:24 AM
Naem
level 8 is tough. some balls were bouncing off the wall 5 times before they got to the other side and the comp would still hit it :/
December 28, 2003, 3:00 AM
Naem
I am convinced level 8 is Ksharp on the other end.
December 28, 2003, 3:15 AM
Naem
Well I finally beat level 8. Level 9 takes some real CPL calibur to beat, of which I have none.
December 29, 2003, 2:28 AM
UserLoser.
Have any of you guys tried 3dPong? It's very similar to the curve ball game, and a bit more challenging because the ball is smaller, and is faster
December 29, 2003, 2:30 AM
Naem
[quote author=UserLoser. link=board=3;threadid=4464;start=0#msg37402 date=1072665044]
Have any of you guys tried 3dPong? It's very similar to the curve ball game, and a bit more challenging because the ball is smaller, and is faster
[/quote]

That one is too easy. With good timing you can always win on the first hit, providing the bug doesn't happen where you serve and the ball goes backwards instead of forward.
December 30, 2003, 5:12 PM
warz
How so?
January 2, 2004, 12:44 AM
Naem
Serve the ball perfectly forward. Move paddle to left or right side of screen. With good timing, flick the paddle over to the other side of the screen to hit the ball (after computer hits it back). It will go bouncing left and right very fast and the computer almost never hits it.
January 2, 2004, 7:02 AM
SNiFFeR
addicting :(
January 5, 2004, 6:11 PM
13-yr-Old-Newb
Curve Ball is extremely easy. 3d pong is much more challenging, alot faster and the computer isnt shit.
January 7, 2004, 2:06 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=13-yr-Old-Newb link=board=3;threadid=4464;start=15#msg38605 date=1073441170]
Curve Ball is extremely easy. 3d pong is much more challenging, alot faster and the computer isnt shit.
[/quote]

Really? How far did you get and what was your score, show a screenshot for proof
January 8, 2004, 12:42 AM
GoSS
I love that game, another good game is Redline Rumble @ http://www.shockwave.com/
January 8, 2004, 5:42 PM
TehUser
It's been a long time since this thread was active, but I was playing this game the other day and wrote a C# program to play for me.  The program is only good enough to get to level 8 (rates about a 7.5 would be my guess).  Can be fun to watch when you're bored though.  It works by continually taking screenshots and searching the image for the ball as best it can.  The problem is that the ball changes sizes, so there's no easy way to look for it.  If anyone has ideas for how to speed up the search, I'd be interested in hearing the details.

Meanwhile, because it's useful, here's the function to take a screenshot of a window.

[code]
static public Bitmap GetWindowByTitle(String strTitle)
{
Int32 hWindow = Convert.ToInt32(FindWindowEx(0, 0, null, strTitle));

Int32 hSourceDC, hDestinationDC;
Int32 hBitmap, hOldBitmap;
RECT myRect = new RECT();
Int32 scrWidth, scrHeight;

Bitmap myBitmap = null;

if (hWindow != 0 && Convert.ToBoolean(IsWindow(hWindow)))
{
hSourceDC = GetWindowDC(Convert.ToUInt32(hWindow));
if (Convert.ToBoolean(hSourceDC))
{
Int32 rectSuccess = GetWindowRect(hWindow, ref myRect);
if (Convert.ToBoolean(rectSuccess))
{
scrWidth = myRect.Right - myRect.Left;
scrHeight = myRect.Bottom - myRect.Top;

hDestinationDC = CreateCompatibleDC(hSourceDC);
if (Convert.ToBoolean(hDestinationDC))
{