Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Converting a playlist into a text file.

AuthorMessageTime
Crypticflare
I've been experimenting some stuff with Winamp 2.0 series, what I'd like to do is take the playlist file, and parse it somehow and add all the song names and titles to a text file so i can read from it. I'd like to do this myself, but does anyone have an Idea how I'd start this out? I've checked PSCode and I've seen one program that exports the playlist into a .HTML file. I don't need something that exclusive. Much help appreciated

Thanks!

[Edit] The language would be Visual Basic[/edit]

December 24, 2003, 6:45 PM
warz
Just look at how it exports it to an HTML file, and change the file type?
December 25, 2003, 1:50 AM
K
[quote author=Crypticflare link=board=5;threadid=4432;start=0#msg37008 date=1072291510]
I've been experimenting some stuff with Winamp 2.0 series, what I'd like to do is take the playlist file, and parse it somehow and add all the song names and titles to a text file so i can read from it. I'd like to do this myself, but does anyone have an Idea how I'd start this out? I've checked PSCode and I've seen one program that exports the playlist into a .HTML file. I don't need something that exclusive. Much help appreciated

Thanks!

[Edit] The language would be Visual Basic[/edit]

[/quote]

Open a playlist file (pls, m3u) with notepad. If I recall correctly, the format should be pretty easy to see and parse.
December 25, 2003, 4:33 AM

Search