Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Will you help me with this? Just wondering..

AuthorMessageTime
BaDDBLooD
I'm decent in vb, or atleast i think so. so far i've only made programs that don't use winsocks. If i want to make a bot, i'm gonna need a winsock tutorial. Could some of you people start a Basic demo, with some comments? The packets, Explain the packet buffer class, etc... Thanks alot!
December 22, 2003, 5:55 AM
Null
You should probally look into parsing a 'CHAT' connection first , it will give u a good insight into the procedures used to connect to battle.net aswell as the Winsock Events.

Reference : www.valhallalegends.com/pub (Thanks to Userloser) . your looking for Groks Vbchat example.
December 22, 2003, 6:42 AM
hismajesty
I made a CHAT bot example the other day for a friend if you want it I'd be happy to get the link. But, UserLoser also posted a tutorial a few threads down.
December 22, 2003, 9:12 AM
BaDDBLooD
did not see a post by UserLoser, about a chat tutorial. Majesty, does yours have Comments?
December 22, 2003, 6:35 PM
Null
Notice the link i supplied....
December 22, 2003, 10:10 PM
BaDDBLooD
k, got it!
December 23, 2003, 1:25 AM
hismajesty
Yeah, mine does. But it' does the same thing as UL's and such so...
December 23, 2003, 4:02 AM
Maddox
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=board=17;threadid=4390;start=0#msg36685 date=1072072552]
I'm decent in vb, or atleast i think so. so far i've only made programs that don't use winsocks. If i want to make a bot, i'm gonna need a winsock tutorial. Could some of you people start a Basic demo, with some comments? The packets, Explain the packet buffer class, etc... Thanks alot!
[/quote]

Try http://www.winsockvb.com
December 23, 2003, 4:34 AM
MrRaza
What I've found to make my Visual Basic learning experience a little more easier was to work your way up with the different controls. What I did was make an imaginary "ATM" banking system with different controls on the form, aswell as using different programming techniques just to try them out. Once I was confrotable with that I made a CHAT bot and memorized how to make one by heart. Then started to add some of the controls(CooolBar, listview, etc) to that bot from my "ATM" banking program and it made it twice as easy because of my previous programming experience.

Just something to think about.
December 23, 2003, 3:49 PM

Search