Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | help

AuthorMessageTime
Killa
is there a way to figure out how to delcare a exported function of a c++ .dll in vb without knowing the function name and just having the .dll?
December 17, 2003, 6:27 PM
Adron
[quote author=Killa link=board=31;threadid=4309;start=0#msg36018 date=1071685657]
is there a way to figure out how to delcare a exported function of a c++ .dll in vb without knowing the function name and just having the .dll?
[/quote]

Yes. It's called "reverse engineering".

Depending on what you know about the function, more or less reverse engineering may be required. You need to find the function name, which is very easy. You also need to find the correct arguments which can be anything from easy to extremely difficult.

This is all assuming that the function uses a calling convention that VB understands (currently only stdcall as far as I know).
December 17, 2003, 6:51 PM
Skywing
[quote author=Adron link=board=31;threadid=4309;start=0#msg36022 date=1071687117]
[quote author=Killa link=board=31;threadid=4309;start=0#msg36018 date=1071685657]
[/quote]

Yes. It's called "reverse engineering".

Depending on what you know about the function, more or less reverse engineering may be required. You need to find the function name, which is very easy. You also need to find the correct arguments which can be anything from easy to extremely difficult.

This is all assuming that the function uses a calling convention that VB understands (currently only stdcall as far as I know).
[/quote]
I think VB Expert Yoni could tell you about how to call cdecl dllexports in VB5.
December 17, 2003, 10:46 PM

Search