Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Thing-O-Rama ™ | Come live in the free United States

AuthorMessageTime
Grok
Look at the video of this high school being raided by police. Video at end of this article.

http://www.aclu.org/DrugPolicy/DrugPolicy.cfm?ID=14576&c=19
December 17, 2003, 6:15 PM
Soul Taker
Love how they have their guns out in such a hugely life-threatening situation.
Isn't this a totally illegal search? I mean they're randomly searching people in a hallway...
December 18, 2003, 1:30 PM
Grok
I believe police should be required to take a 4-hour ACLU-provided course on the U.S. Constitution every year and pass a test on it in order to work in the public. After about their 8th year, the course could be taken every 2-3 years until they retire.

Most police have probably never read the thing.
December 18, 2003, 2:58 PM
Brolly
ACLU = racist!

http://www.aclu.org/DrugPolicy/DrugPolicy.cfm?ID=14583&c=19:

[quote]
Cedric also felt humiliated when he looked through the glass wall and saw mostly White children laughing at him and the other detained students, almost all of whom were African-American.
[/quote]
January 20, 2004, 9:52 PM
DrivE
ACLU EEW
January 20, 2004, 10:08 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
It's funny how that guy who's talking knows the slang :P
January 28, 2004, 4:18 PM
jigsaw
I bet if I took a study of school that had more non-whites that whites... there would be far less crime in the white schools. What does that say? Get tons of white law enforcement to watch over the non-white schools.
February 1, 2004, 5:19 PM
crashtestdummy
whites that live in the ghetto?
February 1, 2004, 6:03 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
Detroit. Pretty much all of Detroit below 11 Mile is ghetto, and below 8 Mile is mostly black (leaving 3 mostly-white ghetto Miles).
February 1, 2004, 7:25 PM
crashtestdummy
thought you were from jersey??
February 1, 2004, 9:11 PM
Tuberload
There are plenty of ghetto white people. You might know them as trailor trash. ;D
February 2, 2004, 12:53 AM
crashtestdummy
yeah but in the north where the schools are segregated like they are you have white middle to upper class all in one school then black lower class all in one school
Well thats the way I saw it in Kansas but thats the only school I went to in the north went to five in the south. In the south they bus you from thirty minutes to an hour to go to a school so its 50/50 race wise because of all the desegregation hype down here. o well really has nothing to do with this topic maybe but what after the first five posts does
February 2, 2004, 1:31 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=crashtestdummy link=board=35;threadid=4308;start=0#msg42285 date=1075728699]
yeah but in the north where the schools are segregated like they are you have white middle to upper class all in one school then black lower class all in one school
Well thats the way I saw it in Kansas but thats the only school I went to in the north went to five in the south. In the south they bus you from thirty minutes to an hour to go to a school so its 50/50 race wise because of all the desegregation hype down here. o well really has nothing to do with this topic maybe but what after the first five posts does
[/quote]

Yeah, we have people being bused from the other side of town to my school. However, people that are pretty close to the school are considered out of district.
February 6, 2004, 10:54 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
[quote author=crashtestdummy link=board=35;threadid=4308;start=0#msg42192 date=1075669862]
thought you were from jersey??
[/quote]I am..but one of my teachers is from Detroit..and there are some 8 Mile fans in my class, and it's kinda hard to not listen when there's 4 of you in the (tiny) room including the teacher..
February 15, 2004, 3:43 PM

Search