Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Trouble with Media Player?

AuthorMessageTime
SiMi
Before I used to be able to play all types of videos on my media player and shit. now when i try it this windows installer window just shows up with a little bar that shows the progress. I have to click cancel several times on it. This never used to happen before and now when I try to watch the old movies that i used to be able to watch, I can't watch them no more. Why is that?
December 17, 2003, 12:08 AM
iago
You're probably missing Codecs. Some are free, some aren't. I would suggest finding the free ones and buying the others ;)
December 17, 2003, 12:32 AM
SiMi
I downloaded the new windows codec's I think i need some other ones. Can you guys tell me where to download the codec's at?

Side note: I was also downloading south park episodes and they didn't work.
December 17, 2003, 1:01 AM
Null
IIRC , the south park episode's i have are in .RAM format , supported by Real Player
December 17, 2003, 2:19 AM
iago
[quote author=Simi link=board=2;threadid=4292;start=0#msg35843 date=1071622897]
I downloaded the new windows codec's I think i need some other ones. Can you guys tell me where to download the codec's at?

Side note: I was also downloading south park episodes and they didn't work.
[/quote]
They tend to be illegal, so no. Check Kazaa/Overnet.

Null - It's doubtful there's only a single version.
December 17, 2003, 2:28 AM
Null
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=4292;start=0#msg35866 date=1071628131]
Null - It's doubtful there's only a single version.
[/quote]

Oh i know , im aware there are various SP episodes floating around out there with differnt Encoding , it's just when i first encountered the .RAM file extension i really didnt have the slighest clue. Just trying to make him aware and with any luck solve his delema.
December 17, 2003, 2:52 AM
Stealth
http://nimo.everwicked.com/ -- the website for the Nimo Codec Pack, which is afaik the most complete set of video codecs available.

If you install those, and WMP still can't play it, get VideoLAN -- http://videolan.org -- a sexy, opensource video player that can pick up where Windows Media leaves off.
December 17, 2003, 3:40 AM
Hitmen
The k-lite codec pack seems to be pretty complete.
December 17, 2003, 3:53 AM
Yoni
There's a new(?) codec called Real Alternative that lets you view .rm and .ram movies in a DirectShow supporting player (read: any Windows Media Player based player, and any other sane player) to avoid the piece of shit software RealMedia makes.

Dunno exactly where to get it, google.
December 17, 2003, 7:19 AM
Hitmen
The real alternative (as well as a quicktime one) is avalible at the link I posted above :P
December 17, 2003, 11:30 PM

Search