Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | DriverLoader

AuthorMessageTime
Thing
Since I ditched my dual boot workstation at the office and went pure Linux, I've been bitchy about my home PC. I haven't found drivers for my wireless NIC so I keep sucking Microsoft's tit at home. Today, while preparing to commit Hari-Kari, I stumbled accross this site. Their DriverLoader just might do the trick and allow me to run my Win drivers for the TI ACX100 chipset. Has anybody else tried using DriverLoader?

[me=Thing]looks for another HD and his installation CD's[/me]
December 16, 2003, 3:29 PM
Thing
Due to the overwhelming response to this thread, I have decided to post my results.

I was forced to use a generic version of DriverLoader because I run a SMP kernel. The performance sucked!
I installed Suse Linux, just to try it out, and it had built in support for my DLink wireless adapter. The performance is very good. Those zany Germans are so smart. :)
December 24, 2003, 3:25 PM
St0rm.iD
Thing, what distro should I dualboot with my new machine?
December 24, 2003, 4:18 PM
iago
FreeBSD!
December 24, 2003, 9:28 PM
Skywing
[quote author=St0rm.iD link=board=2;threadid=4280;start=0#msg36997 date=1072282701]
Thing, what distro should I dualboot with my new machine?
[/quote]
You could write your own in Python! (Or is that Jython, now?)
December 24, 2003, 9:49 PM
Thing
St0rm, I've been a RedHat fan for a long time. This is the first time I've messed with Suse and I like it. I actually spent the $79.00 and bought the Professional Version. The default install is bare but secure and it comes with all the goodies plus stuff you have never heard of. Hell, it's 5 friggin CD's!

Do a ftp install from their site and if you like it, I'll make my Pro iso's available.
December 24, 2003, 11:37 PM

Search