Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Unreal Tournament Classic ( Error)

AuthorMessageTime
Denial
Ok ive been having this error for a while now i finally decided to delete ut classic like a month ago now i wanna play it again and i reinstalled it ( a completely different one i got from a friend) and this error just comes back when i double click to play from the exe

[img]http://www.battlecenter.net/ut.jpg[/img]

If anyone can help me fix this error i would be happy so i could play again
December 15, 2003, 1:58 PM
Grok
GPF!? Win98?
December 15, 2003, 6:13 PM
Skywing
[quote author=Grok link=board=3;threadid=4253;start=0#msg35512 date=1071511998]
GPF!? Win98?
[/quote]
No. Unreal is written in it's own special bytecode (similar to Java, I suppose) and enforces it's own memory protection scheme. This is why Unreal mods and stuff are binary-compatible across Windows, Linux, Macintosh, etc.
December 15, 2003, 6:49 PM
Denial
This doesn't help me fix my error

I dunno why my host is down and i can't edit the url so heres it again at a different host

[img]http://denial.20m.com/uterror.jpg[/img]
December 15, 2003, 8:04 PM
Null
Judging from what uve just posted , im assuming that the game is pirated? if so the first line it outputs should give u a general indication of your problem

Solution: Buy the game
December 17, 2003, 2:35 AM
Denial
Well i used to be able to play it! and it worked fine until this one day i "beat" skywing in unreal tournament then like the next day it wouldnt work again and hasnt been able to since
December 17, 2003, 6:01 AM
iago
[quote author=Null link=board=3;threadid=4253;start=0#msg35872 date=1071628558]
Judging from what uve just posted , im assuming that the game is pirated? if so the first line it outputs should give u a general indication of your problem

Solution: Buy the game
[/quote]

"General Protection Fault"?
December 17, 2003, 6:18 AM
Null
Yes the first thing that came to my head when i red that post was that his problem stems from the game not being "legit" , but you mentioned it has worked in the past so i guess my conclusion was wrong.
December 17, 2003, 8:27 AM
iago
Also, that's now what GPF means. Look it up for more info. :)
December 17, 2003, 9:53 AM
j0k3r
[quote]General Protection Fault:
GPF, short for General Protection Fault, is a computer condition that causes a Windows application to crash. The most common cause of a GPF is two applications trying to use the same block of memory, or more specifically, one application trying to use memory assigned to another application.

The following situations can also cause GPFs:

Running an application with insufficient resources
Using improper hardware device drivers
Corrupted or missing Windows files
Applications exchanging data that cannot be read
GPFs are often preceded by an invalid page fault. [/quote]
Which do you think applies the most?
December 17, 2003, 12:13 PM
Denial
I think the one that applies is

"Never kill skywing in unreal tournament"

I guess ill go and buy it somewhere
December 17, 2003, 1:22 PM
iago
I very much doubt that will change anything but it's not like it's expensive anymore :)
December 17, 2003, 1:46 PM
warz
Unreal Tournament, pft. Isn't there a new unreal game out?
December 17, 2003, 9:21 PM
Null
UT 2003
December 17, 2003, 9:52 PM
Hitmen
UT2003 isn't nearly as good as the original.
December 17, 2003, 10:15 PM
Denial
i actually own ut 2003 and i got unreal 2 but i like unreal classic better then them 2
December 17, 2003, 10:46 PM
Null
The original Unreal was one of my all time favourite "Frag'em up" games.
December 17, 2003, 11:09 PM
Naem
[code]
General protection fault!

History: AIAController::execLigneVisee <- AActor::ProcessState <- Object IAController Hual02.IAController24, Old State State XIDPawn.IAController.Attaque, New State State XIDPawn.IAController.Attaque <- AController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop
[/code]

Got that playing XIII today. I guess it uses the Unreal engine =(
December 19, 2003, 3:06 PM

Search