Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | FUCK YOU! (non-sexual meaning)

AuthorMessageTime
Grok
Don't be alarmed, the FCC told me it was OK to say.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2003/12/12-12-03tdc/12-12-03dnews-09.asp
December 12, 2003, 7:05 PM
Newby
Awesome.
December 12, 2003, 7:28 PM
hismajesty
Just what we need; more eight year old running around shouting "Fuck You" to their parents when they can't get the newest Pokemon movie.
December 12, 2003, 8:38 PM
Adron
Is your regulation constant around the clock? TV usually don't air programs not suitable for children before like 20-21. Which makes sense to me. We don't have any "beep, beep, beep" sounds though (except for stupid imported shows, almost as stupid as the French).
December 12, 2003, 8:43 PM
iago
[quote author=hismajesty link=board=4;threadid=4196;start=0#msg34972 date=1071261529]
Just what we need; more eight year old running around shouting "Fuck You" to their parents when they can't get the newest Pokemon movie.
[/quote]

Yeah, because if they hadn't seen it on tv they wouldn't know that it exists.
December 13, 2003, 1:20 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=iago link=board=4;threadid=4196;start=0#msg35018 date=1071278411]
[quote author=hismajesty link=board=4;threadid=4196;start=0#msg34972 date=1071261529]
[/quote]

Yeah, because if they hadn't seen it on tv they wouldn't know that it exists.
[/quote]

Well, TV is the source of all knowledge.

[edit]Added a comma :) [/edit]
December 13, 2003, 3:30 AM
Grok
I find this sudden turnabout suspiciously coincidental.

Considering that TV ratings are inexplicably down --
https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=3377

You think they pressured the FCC into letting them say fuck so they could bring back viewers? The almighty dollar.
December 13, 2003, 5:49 AM
Trance
Well, they can say, "fuck" all they want. But if the bottom line is that nearly all the shows suck on US televison, it won't change a thing. Also, I think they're allowed to say, "shit" now. But what else is allowed/restricted?
December 13, 2003, 10:51 AM
iago
Note that in Canada we've been able to say Fuck on tv forever, and many shows do :)
December 13, 2003, 1:38 PM
Yoni
LOL!!! This is extremely like South Park episode 502!

[quote]CARTMAN: Tonight... On Cop Drama... On TV... They're gonna say... Shit.
KYLE: They're gonna say shit on television?!
STAN: They can't say shit on television.
CARTMAN: It was just on the news. People are freaking out, dude.[/quote]

[quote]MS. CHOKSONDIK: For instance, 'That's a shitty picture of me' is now fine. However, the literal noun form of 'This is a picture of shit' is still naughty.
CARTMAN: I don't get it.
STAN: Me neither.
MS. CHOKSONDIK: The adjective form is now also acceptable. For example - "The weather outside is shitty". However the literal adjective is not appropriate, for example - "My bad diarrhea made the inside of the toilet bowl shitty, and I had to clean it with a rag, which then also became shitty." That's right out.[/quote]

Incredible :)
December 13, 2003, 11:42 PM
iago
Yoni, what about "Fag"?
December 14, 2003, 1:13 AM
Grok
Yoni: Life imitating "art"?
December 14, 2003, 2:18 AM
CrAz3D
Does this apply to network TV aswell?....or just cable?
December 14, 2003, 4:21 AM
Soul Taker
If you listen to Gary brief people about what they can/can't say on the air prior to the Howard Stern show, you'd have heard that's how most words have been for quite a while. For instance, you can call someone a dick or a pussy, but you can't say you ate her pussy or sucked his dick.
December 14, 2003, 7:25 AM
MrRaza
[quote author=Yoni link=board=4;threadid=4196;start=0#msg35178 date=1071358971]
LOL!!! This is extremely like South Park episode 502!

[quote]CARTMAN: Tonight... On Cop Drama... On TV... They're gonna say... Shit.
KYLE: They're gonna say shit on television?!
STAN: They can't say shit on television.
CARTMAN: It was just on the news. People are freaking out, dude.[/quote]

[quote]MS. CHOKSONDIK: For instance, 'That's a shitty picture of me' is now fine. However, the literal noun form of 'This is a picture of shit' is still naughty.
CARTMAN: I don't get it.
STAN: Me neither.
MS. CHOKSONDIK: The adjective form is now also acceptable. For example - "The weather outside is shitty". However the literal adjective is not appropriate, for example - "My bad diarrhea made the inside of the toilet bowl shitty, and I had to clean it with a rag, which then also became shitty." That's right out.[/quote]

Incredible :)
[/quote]
Heh, I was just going to post that; I can't remember the exact count of the number of times they say the word "shit", I think's it's somewhere around 115-130 times. You can always count on yoni, for the classic South Park quotes. 8)
December 15, 2003, 3:27 AM
Stealth
163 times, iirc. Fantastic episode.
December 15, 2003, 3:39 AM

Search