Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | /WHOAMI -- Introductions | Newbie needs guidance

AuthorMessageTime
DarkWater
Hello everyone.

I am a south jerseyian living in NC with my wife and kids. I'm 32 years old and have only taken one computer class in my life! So... there is a bit of catch-up work for me to do. I work on electronics supporting an industrial facility. I am currently taking an A+ and OS class. Could use a good glossary and some help with command line.
December 6, 2003, 4:07 AM
MoNksBaNe_Agahnim
if by command line you mean MS Dos commands (I haven't slept for 3 days bare with me lol) go to run/cmd/enter then type help -- lots of options there, also you can google for it, Net help is for networking abilities, i.e. net send - net view -- ect... and such, if you are talkling about dos commands, be a little more specific and I'll see if i can be of any help...i have a feeling you needed to know NONE of this haha

edit: Oh ya and welcome :)

edit #2: Don't mess with deltree :P bad bad function! hehehe -- think it is disabled in XP but even then don't do it hehe deltree allows you to delete the specified drive or the windows tree lol
December 6, 2003, 5:05 AM
Adron
[quote author=MoNksBaNe_Agahnim link=board=21;threadid=4100;start=0#msg33896 date=1070687129]
edit #2: Don't mess with deltree :P bad bad function! hehehe -- think it is disabled in XP but even then don't do it hehe deltree allows you to delete the specified drive or the windows tree lol
[/quote]

The function you're looking for in XP is "rd /S /Q c:\windows".

The function you're looking for in linux is "rm -rf /"
December 6, 2003, 12:01 PM
Skywing
[quote author=Adron link=board=21;threadid=4100;start=0#msg33926 date=1070712071]
[quote author=MoNksBaNe_Agahnim link=board=21;threadid=4100;start=0#msg33896 date=1070687129]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Wouldn't that be %SystemRoot%? You don't have to install to c:\windows...
December 6, 2003, 4:28 PM
Adron
[quote author=Skywing link=board=21;threadid=4100;start=0#msg33949 date=1070728135]
[quote author=Adron link=board=21;threadid=4100;start=0#msg33926 date=1070712071]

[/quote]
Wouldn't that be %SystemRoot%? You don't have to install to c:\windows...
[/quote]

True, but I tried to keep the example simple - don't want to confuse a newbie with environment variables when the point is the name of the function.
December 6, 2003, 4:31 PM

Search