Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | He said what?

AuthorMessageTime
Skywing
This article has some pretty funny quotes.

Things like...
[quote]"I think that gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman," was the odd statement from the new California Governor.[/quote]

I have to say, though, Rumsfeld's statement is a masterpiece in obfuscating what you're actually trying to say:

[quote]Rumsfeld, renowned for his uncompromising tough talking, received the prize for the most baffling comment by a public figure.

"Reports that say something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know," Rumsfeld told a press briefing.

"We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."[/quote]
December 2, 2003, 3:34 AM
j0k3r
Atleast it makes you think about what he said.
December 2, 2003, 3:41 AM
Adron
The Rumsfeld comments seem simple enough to me?
December 2, 2003, 5:48 PM
j0k3r
Maybe I'm just overly stupid then.

What I meant to say, upon first hearing/reading it I had to think/read it over to make sure I understood what he was trying to say.
December 3, 2003, 1:35 AM
Trance
Has anyone noticed the picture in the article? :P It looks like he's posing with gang signs.
December 3, 2003, 8:30 AM
Raven
I didn't think either quote was too complex.

Schwarzenegger's quote was wordplay on the word "gay". He was referring to a happy marriage being between a man and a woman.

Rumsfeld's quote wasn't too bad either. He said that there are some things we are certain we know, as in we know all there is to know about it and are sure we're not making any mistakes. And there are other things we don't even realize we don't know. There are things we think we know, but we're not necessarily right, so they're things we don't realize we don't know. ;D
December 3, 2003, 4:18 PM
CrAz3D
"I think that HAPPY marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman" doesn't make too much sense, grant it makes more sense than having a gay marriage between a man & woman.
December 3, 2003, 6:13 PM

Search