Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Thing-O-Rama ™ | Drinking and Driving

AuthorMessageTime
Thing
I have just finished a conversation with one of my clients. The owner's son, who is 18 years old, died last night in a one car accident. He had been drinking and was coming home from a party when he lost control of his car and slammed into a concrete wall. The police estimate he was going over 60 miles per hour upon impact.

Don't Drink and Drive. Thanks.
December 1, 2003, 8:37 PM
Hitmen
People are told not to drink in drive from years before they taste their first beer. I figure if anyone is dumb enough to do it in the first place, no amount of telling them is going to help.
December 1, 2003, 9:26 PM
Puzzle
I sometimes drink heavily at parties but I have enough sense not to go out driving. I make this a point to whoever I'm with as well since my mother was killed by a drunk-driver when I was four. The guy that hit her had stolen a Camaro from a convenience store just down the road. The spedometer broke when he wrecked and it was stuck at 117mph.
December 1, 2003, 9:30 PM
iago
I know a guy that can't own a car for the sole reason that when he drinks a lot, and wakes up, the car is frequently gone/parked in the wrong place, and he just can't trust himself. It's pretty sad.

I can personally say I've never drinked and drived, or drank and drove, or anything like that. Sometimes I eat burger king and drive, though!
December 1, 2003, 10:12 PM
Skywing
[quote author=iago link=board=35;threadid=3997;start=0#msg32985 date=1070316739]
I know a guy that can't own a car for the sole reason that when he drinks a lot, and wakes up, the car is frequently gone/parked in the wrong place, and he just can't trust himself. It's pretty sad.

I can personally say I've never drinked and drived, or drank and drove, or anything like that. Sometimes I eat burger king and drive, though!
[/quote]
Burger King is really eww. The last time I went there I got a 'burger' that was just about charred to ash.
December 1, 2003, 10:44 PM
Mitosis
I hate burger king ! Wendies is the best oh and fuck mcdonalds! ;)
December 1, 2003, 10:49 PM
iago
I used to go to mcdonalds but their newest commercials annoy the hell out've me. Burger King is my favourite, since it's open till 3am and reasonably priced. Wendy's closes at 11 or 12 (too early, since I start work at 11), and has high prices.

But I pay for my own stuff, my parents don't buy me feed anymore :P
December 1, 2003, 10:53 PM
Skywing
[quote author=iago link=board=35;threadid=3997;start=0#msg33023 date=1070319238]
I used to go to mcdonalds but their newest commercials annoy the hell out've me. Burger King is my favourite, since it's open till 3am and reasonably priced. Wendy's closes at 11 or 12 (too early, since I start work at 11), and has high prices.

But I pay for my own stuff, my parents don't buy me feed anymore :P
[/quote]
I'll take annoying commercials over eating ash...
(You'll have to pay me to get me to try eating Burger King again).
December 1, 2003, 11:37 PM
warz
I drink all the time. I drive a lot too. It's not uncommon for those two events to occure at the same time either. Infact, I drank and drove two nights ago. Maybe this is selfish of me, but hey, when you gotta drive, you gotta drive.
December 1, 2003, 11:45 PM
Mitosis
When you have killed someone or you are dead tell us all that please.
December 2, 2003, 12:01 AM
warz
When I'm dead, how will I be able to tell you all that?
December 2, 2003, 12:45 AM
Puzzle
I think he was being sarcastic.
December 2, 2003, 1:23 AM
warz
This isn't a joking matter.
December 2, 2003, 1:45 AM
iago
No, it's not. And if you drink and drive, you're a terrible person.

There's always another way, even if it means sleeping in a field, taking a taxi, taking a bus, getting a ride from somebody who isn't drinking, etc. It's not only selfish, it's also just plain dumb. You could very easily kill yourself or somebody else, and that's obviously bad.
December 2, 2003, 2:28 AM
Eibro
I have distant friends who think it's all well and good to drink and drive. Some think they've 'mastered' it. I remember one kid telling a story about how he was so cautious the first time he drank and drove, but now it's easy that hes done it a few times.
I don't mind underage drinking, but fuck, be responsible. Getting into a car with a drunk driver is one of the last things i'd do. No matter the circumstances.

A friend [again, distant] of mine was recently in an accident. Going way over the speed limit on a bumpy road, smoked a telephone pole. He's lucky he was wearing his seatbelt, as he almost died even with it on.
The only problem he has now is a messed up face. His nose and cheeks need to be reconstructed because the rearview mirror fell into the airbag, which then plowed it into his face. Hopefully now he learned his lesson. :)

Edit: Oh, I just got back from a trip. It gave me a chance to try out all the fast food places around-- Subway, Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King... etc. I think they're all garbage, but McDonalds breakfast is by far the best. Wendys' burgers also come out on top.
December 2, 2003, 3:56 AM
warz
I don't drink and drive. I was being sarcastic in both my posts, as well.
December 2, 2003, 4:07 AM
Hostile
Maybe we should start an organization, hey it will atleast look good on your college applications. How about something along the line of NADD - Netizens Against Drunk Driving. I'm sure they'll take us more seriously then SADD(Students) or MADD(Mothers).
December 3, 2003, 2:31 AM
iago
vLADD!
pronounced, v-ladd.

But SADD has such a sad name :)
December 3, 2003, 3:11 AM
EcsTasY
not smart to drink and drive
December 6, 2003, 7:29 AM
MrRaza
What about smoking pot and driving?
December 6, 2003, 9:41 PM
Arta
Perhaps less bad, but still retarded. I've been in a car with a stoned driver and I won't ever be again.
December 7, 2003, 4:59 AM
St0rm.iD
Fast food breakfast...eww.

I ate wendy's for xmas dinner last year.
December 7, 2003, 6:17 AM

Search