Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Consoles.

AuthorMessageTime
Mitosis
How many consoles do you guys have and whats your favourite? I got two Xboxs, PS2, GameCube, and PS. By the way whats your favourite game and why.
November 30, 2003, 10:51 PM
Stealth
[quote author=Mitosis link=board=3;threadid=3977;start=0#msg32758 date=1070232713]
How many consoles do you guys have and whats your favourite? I got two Xboxs, PS2, GameCube, and PS. By the way whats your favourite game and why.
[/quote]

You should send me money. ;)
December 1, 2003, 2:23 AM
j0k3r
Screw that, send me money, I'm the one moving into a smaller house.
December 1, 2003, 2:35 AM
Mitosis
lol guys. Well even if you dont have a system whats your favourite?
December 1, 2003, 11:37 AM
K
The one and only system I ever owned was a Sega Genesis. It is, for all practical purposes, the greatest console ever created.
December 1, 2003, 7:04 PM
Adron
I kinda liked the 8-bit Nintendo. One of my favorite games from then was this multiplayer game.
December 1, 2003, 7:12 PM
DarkVirus
1 Nintendo, 1 Super Nintendo, 1 Sega Genesis, 1 Nintendo 64, 1 Playstation 2, 1 Dreamcast,1 Xbox, 2 Gameboys and a partridge in a pear tree.

I've played literally hundreds upon hundreds of games and beaten almost all that I've played so it's hard to say what is my favorite :)
December 1, 2003, 7:32 PM
______
[quote author=K link=board=3;threadid=3977;start=0#msg32931 date=1070305488]
The one and only system I ever owned was a Sega Genesis. It is, for all practical purposes, the greatest console ever created.
[/quote]
Ahh yes, I enjoyed Sega channel that was in development. I think its scrap by now.
December 1, 2003, 8:23 PM
j0k3r
OMGOMGOMG, SNES > *. I love the games, I find them much more playable than the new games these days, sometimes just as complicated, but always entertaining. My favourite game is definitely 'Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars'.
December 1, 2003, 9:18 PM
Mitosis
All the RPG's on the oldys were amazing, Chrono Trigger.....
December 1, 2003, 9:42 PM
DarkVirus
Since you brought up Chrono Trigger, lets just say any game by Squaresoft owns the RPG world almost. Except The Bouncer.... I beat that game quicker than any game I think and it sucked ass to boot.
December 2, 2003, 8:36 PM
Hostile
SNES was the last console worth buying. I bought that thing within a few months of it comming out with my entire savings (like $200) when I was about 7 (I think?), luckily I had some awesome family who bought me 15" tv ^^. Played that non-stop, it was great. Anyways I'll repeat what I've said a million times before... For all those people saying how consoles are more targetted towards kids now, and grew up on them, well guess what! When you played your console you were a kid, they always have been targetted at kids and thats where their main profit it. Its pointless to waste money on consoles I don't give a shit how much they're down in price. Put your money worth something that will be multiply useful (Like a video card for example) and get a clue.
December 3, 2003, 12:55 AM
Zakath
Aye, SNES was the bomb.

[img]http://www.valhallalegends.com/zakath/seikendensetsu3.png[/img]

A few more screens from Seiken Densetsu 3:
A shot of the menu
And another
The appearance of a major boss
The fearsome Darkshine Knight speaks
He attacks with the devastating Whirlwind Sword
He gets his just desserts in the form of an Eruption Sword technique

I highly recommend this game. If anyone is curious about it, feel free to contact me. It was only released in Japan, so don't be suprised if you haven't heard of it.
December 3, 2003, 2:56 AM
SiMi
on SNES anyone play zombies ate my neighbors?
December 3, 2003, 2:58 AM
Arta
Why would anyone have 2 XBoxes?

Dreamcast here.
December 3, 2003, 3:05 AM
Hostile
In responce to the favorite game part, which of course was for my favorite console, its probably a tie between mario kart and super mario rpg. I liked alot of other game too but those were definitly my favorites at the time.
December 3, 2003, 5:29 AM
SiMi
omfg on SNES; Mario kart, Legend of Zelda, Zombies ate my neighbors, Aladdin, The Lion king, Super mario bros, and all of the other super mario bros, Sim City the classical one, the donkey kong collection, Tom & jerry, battletoads double dragon. Hahaha, thats about it, lol.
December 3, 2003, 6:05 AM
ObsidianWolf
[quote author=Mitosis link=board=3;threadid=3977;start=0#msg32758 date=1070232713]
[/quote]
Nintendo, Gameboy, Turbo-Grafx 16, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, GameCube, VirtualBoy(collecting dust), Sega Master System, Neo Geo, Sega Genesis & 32x, Sega CD, Atari 2600 PlayStation, PS2, X-Box.

Favorite Gamy on Nintendo:
Gyromite
Bubble Bobble

Favorite Game on Genesis:
Vector Man

Favorite Game on Playstation:
Jumping Flash

Favorite Game on X-Box
Ghost Recon
December 3, 2003, 4:57 PM
Hostile
[quote author=ObsidianWolf link=board=3;threadid=3977;start=15#msg33417 date=1070470628]
Favorite Game on X-Box
Ghost Recon
[/quote]

Ghost Recon is one of the few games I have played on the X-Box and it sucks in comparison. FPS games suck on consoles, granted having all the keys right there are awesome but nothing beats a mouse. Not to mention we all play GR for the PC and whenever gameplay starts to wear thin we can all just download a mod, which comes up short on X-Box. I know theres the Island Thunder and Desert Siege mod and ya im sure some how theres more mods for X-Box GR but it has to be more complicated then for the PC.
December 3, 2003, 7:07 PM
ObsidianWolf
and seeing how making a mod is not complicated to begin with, you are suggesting....what?
December 8, 2003, 2:39 PM
MindOrgy
I've got a PS2, PS1, Gamecube, the really old regular Gameboy, Gameboy SP, and of course Gamegear. Best games have to be Final Fantasy series, Zelda series. Phantasy Star that was on Sega, Lufia. Hmm too many to name.
January 6, 2004, 2:07 PM
13-yr-Old-Newb
I've got to agree with Obsidian. I have xbox and Ghost Recon is really shitty. Halo is probably the best game on all the new consoles but my personal favourite game of all time was Duck Hunt!!! for original nintendo. You have the gun and you shoot at the ducks that fly by! It's AWESOME!!
January 7, 2004, 2:01 AM
Trance
Hmm, well, I have a PS2 and my old Sega Genesis. I wish I could still play on my Genesis, but the video cable kind of died.. :P However, I'll try to replace it eventually. Anyways, I had an N64, and a PSX.

My favourite game has to have been Goldeneye 007 (N64), endless hours of fun playing against friends... endless..
January 9, 2004, 4:52 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
I have a Playstation 2, Gameboy Color, Sega Megadrive, 1 SNES.
Best ever console I have owned was the Atari. And favourite game was Rolling Ronny for it.
January 9, 2004, 5:22 PM
Adron
[quote author=Trance link=board=3;threadid=3977;start=15#msg38986 date=1073667146]
My favourite game has to have been Goldeneye 007 (N64), endless hours of fun playing against friends... endless..
[/quote]

That game was fun! There's that special feeling to playing split-screen multiplayer, a tension you don't get when you're sitting at different computers...
January 9, 2004, 11:35 PM
Mitosis
[quote author=Adron link=board=3;threadid=3977;start=15#msg39073 date=1073691316]
[quote author=Trance link=board=3;threadid=3977;start=15#msg38986 date=1073667146]
[/quote]

That game was fun! There's that special feeling to playing split-screen multiplayer, a tension you don't get when you're sitting at different computers...
[/quote]
Haha true true. Thats only because you can look on there screen and here exactly where they are! Hahah.
January 9, 2004, 11:44 PM
mr.marbles
i must say that playing on other computers is way better, but only if is like a lan with no lag and you can smack talk your enemies
January 10, 2004, 2:22 AM
j0k3r
[quote author=mr.marbles link=board=3;threadid=3977;start=15#msg39105 date=1073701364]
i must say that playing on other computers is way better, but only if is like a lan with no lag and you can smack talk your enemies
[/quote]
High speed connect + keyboard.
January 10, 2004, 4:36 AM
Mitosis
To tell yeah guys the truth, my Xbox is probably the best time I have with gaming at the moment. There is no lag or anything gay like that. I can always go out and get a new game instead of worring about requirements (heh not anymore!). But the computer is by far the best for anything whether its business, gaming or what ever.
January 10, 2004, 1:29 PM
hismajesty
ps2, n64, gameboy pocket, gameboy color, sega genesis, sega 3do (addon for genesis), game gear
Former (dunno where they are): Atari, Nintendo, Sega Saturn

That's all I think.
January 10, 2004, 3:38 PM
dRAgoN
[quote author=hismajesty link=board=3;threadid=3977;start=15#msg39158 date=1073749089]
ps2, n64, gameboy pocket, gameboy color, sega genesis, sega 3do (addon for genesis), game gear
Former (dunno where they are): Atari, Nintendo, Sega Saturn

That's all I think.
[/quote]

Don't you mean 32X and not 3do? 3do was another game system started by Panasonic which moved to GoldStar then died.
January 12, 2004, 1:10 PM

Search