Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | What's your handle?

AuthorMessageTime
Zerg
What does your internet handle stand for? Does it stand for anything? Why'd you pick that one?

I use many handles, on this forum, it's Zerg, my favorite Starcraft Race.

this post will probably go in the trash can, but it'd be neat to know some of the answers, considering some people have weird handles :p
November 30, 2003, 8:54 PM
warz
Mine is warz. There's two stories behind it. First, me and torque were thinking of cool clan channels and he told me over the phone "warez" and I thought he said "warz" so I created the name. The other was I saw {][)K}W@R$, liked the name, and created W@RZ, then that changed to warz.
November 30, 2003, 9:00 PM
St0rm.iD
P $ ][ () |\| ][ ((
$ '][' (()) |2 |\/|
November 30, 2003, 9:03 PM
Denial
I would list all the names i own but this would made my post like so long so i will just name my 2 main names.

W@RRAVEN - Don't ask me why i made it i just did because Raven and war was taken.

Denial - ~TG|{~Slacker gave me this name a long time ago. im like sure ill use this name it's cool.

I don't like chilling on 1 handle though i like switching often.

On Counter-Strike and unreal tournament i go as the Handle: Random

November 30, 2003, 9:38 PM
iago
By now I'm sure everybody knows where mine came from - Shakespeare's Othello. Period.

iago was the evil machavellian backstabber, and I took on this name back when I used to backstab, and it just stuck.
November 30, 2003, 10:45 PM
Eibro
It has to do with my real name. Should really be EIBro, but that just looks stupid.
November 30, 2003, 10:47 PM
Mitosis
My aka is probably GoDsOfDeath, anyways thats all besides Mitosis.
November 30, 2003, 10:48 PM
hismajesty
My first bnet name was mattrulz33 back when all I did on bnet was play war2. I took that from my friend actually (except for the matt...33 part) :P Then when I made a clan it changed to hismajesty[jbi]. Then when I joined this board I just used that name. When I started visiting madz.tk I couldn't think of anything so I took a band and added fan to it; since my lucky number was 3 I added a 33 to the end making trustcofan33. I don't like that name and I find it AOLish but I still use it just so people don't get confused with who I am. On bnet I now use hismajesty[jbi], jbi, 0x1337, mastur(b)ation (joke name), Trust[xL], and hismajesty. the most.
November 30, 2003, 10:50 PM
Mitosis
When I said my name was GoDsOfDeath it was but It was also the name of my clan GOD.

[edit] Oh yeah like I also had Wing(x) but friggen Russ [Dark-Demonz] bruted it or something.
November 30, 2003, 10:53 PM
j0k3r
My name comes from Joker from batman, I liked his method of thinking, but since 'Joker' is taken everywhere I just '1337d it'.
November 30, 2003, 11:15 PM
iago
[quote author=Mitosis link=board=2;threadid=3975;start=0#msg32754 date=1070232513]
My aka is probably GoDsOfDeath, anyways thats all besides Mitosis.
[/quote]

Probably?
November 30, 2003, 11:35 PM
warz
It's mitosis, man, he's not too sure about a lot of stuff.
November 30, 2003, 11:39 PM
Trance
Hmm, Trance came about when I realized the word described me pretty well, then it turned into the music genre I listen to as well, go figure eh? :P
November 30, 2003, 11:43 PM
Grok
[quote author=Zerg link=board=2;threadid=3975;start=0#msg32722 date=1070225698]
What does your internet handle stand for? Does it stand for anything? Why'd you pick that one?

I use many handles, on this forum, it's Zerg, my favorite Starcraft Race.

this post will probably go in the trash can, but it'd be neat to know some of the answers, considering some people have weird handles :p
[/quote]

Trash Can? It's a good General post!

I choose Grok because a friend had a DnD character named Grok back in the 80's, in the mainframe game 0avatar. Grok kicked butt, so when I got on battle.net I made that my pseudonym. It was only later that I learned of "A Stranger In A Strange Land", read it, and loved it.
December 1, 2003, 12:36 AM
UserLoser.
Back from when I used to play Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party, on Wormnet there was a login, where it said "Username: ". I couldn't think of anything so I put UserLoser after Username wouldn't work ;)
December 1, 2003, 12:56 AM
Zerg
What's a Skywing, a Yoni, an Adron, a Kp.
what do they all mean?!!?
December 1, 2003, 1:22 PM
Mitosis
No I am GoDsOfDeaTh and Mitosis so there! ;)
December 1, 2003, 1:36 PM
Soul Taker
[quote author=Zerg link=board=2;threadid=3975;start=15#msg32878 date=1070284943]
What's a Skywing, a Yoni, an Adron, a Kp.
what do they all mean?!!?
[/quote]
I believe Yoni is the shorter version of his real name.
December 1, 2003, 2:35 PM
iago
Kp = Korean Power
Adron is probably some swedish thing.. perhaps a variation of his name?

And good luck trying to get information on Skywing and Grok.
December 1, 2003, 2:52 PM
warz
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=3975;start=15#msg32894 date=1070290323]And good luck trying to get information on Skywing and Grok.
[/quote]

[quote author=Grok link=board=2;threadid=3975;start=0#msg32782 date=1070239016]I choose Grok because a friend had a DnD character named Grok back in the 80's, in the mainframe game 0avatar. Grok kicked butt, so when I got on battle.net I made that my pseudonym. It was only later that I learned of "A Stranger In A Strange Land", read it, and loved it.
[/quote]

With your luck, I have accomplished what you thought was not possible! Thank you, iago!
December 1, 2003, 2:57 PM
Adron
I created the name Adron back in the late 80's or early 90's as a handle for a DOS-based "rpg". Me and "Dzai" used to play. I then continued to use that in the Ultima series (IV and V were around then), in various other rpg's, and eventually as a name for a Diablo character.

I selected letters to make it somewhat pronounceable, and lacking better inspiration, I picked some of the letters from my real name. I also wanted to make it sound like a wizard/mage since that's the type of character I mostly play.

At that time I had no idea that anyone else would've used that name, but it's later come to my knowledge that there is a book character (a wizard) named Adron, some tool corp (see www.adron.com) and actually some real people named Adron. I don't think there are any Swedes named Adron in real life though.
December 1, 2003, 6:05 PM
Spht
Upon first getting on to Battle.net with Diablo Shareware, I thought: I need to think of a cool handle for myself. I quickly reached for the Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary:
[img]http://www.valhallalegends.com/spht/images/private/finding_spht1.jpg[/img]

After opening it up, I quickly saw:
[img]http://www.valhallalegends.com/spht/images/private/finding_spht2.jpg[/img]
Vandyke 2

Hmmm... Nahhh. So I turned some more pages, and look what jumped right out at me!
[img]http://www.valhallalegends.com/spht/images/private/finding_spht3.jpg[/img]
Hey it's that spht word we learned in Chemistry! How perfect!

So I made the account and got on Battle.net.

Fin.
December 1, 2003, 6:21 PM
Denial
why not Vandyke?
December 1, 2003, 6:33 PM
AssassinRC
I don't have an elaborate tale as to where I got my handle from. When I first went on battle.net I was 11 years old, and I had just finish playing a war-based board game (Samurai Swords) where you create armies of Ninja's and Ronin's to try and run rampant over your enemies. I didn't know what a Ronin was, so someone explained to me it was similar to an Assassin. I didn't know what an Assassin was either, so once I heard the explanation I thought they were cool I guess. It wasn't until a year later I realized everyone else on battle.net thought Assassin's were so cool too. Blech, ah well.

BTW: Vandyke isn't a bad name.
December 1, 2003, 6:33 PM
Vandyke
Ya got that right mate.
December 1, 2003, 7:25 PM
DarkVirus
I've always been fasinated with arcane magic and such. I used to read about it and really got into it so the only way to live what truely inspired and tickled my curiosity was to play games that resembled it. Playing games like the diablo series, the Ultima series, Dungeon Seige and other various games, especially the hundreds I've played/beaten on various console systems over the past 13 years was the only way to live it. From there the first part "Dark" was born.

The love for video games throughout my life and considering the fact that technology was one of the few things that surpressed a very hyper kid and anger at time, was another reason for getting into gaming etc... From there I got into programming, hacking, web design and almost anything that had to do with computers and chose it as a career and have excelled tremendously at it. With a little help from that and the fact that I was considered a godly figure back in Diablo 1 and other games where I would dominate and just kill unmercifully, the rest "Virus" was born.

Obviously I didn't create my name over the course of 12 years but the stories intertwine to the point that I dropped various handles such as "BlackMagic" and some others to create what everyone knows me now as DarkVirus.

Amazing...but true 8)
December 1, 2003, 7:26 PM
wut
"wut" is like "what" except it's just so fresh, so clean :D
"wat" or "wot" can also be used
December 1, 2003, 8:17 PM
j0k3r
[quote author=wut link=board=2;threadid=3975;start=15#msg32947 date=1070309869]
[/quote]
I tend to disagree, "what" is proper, and hence clean, while "wut" is used as slang and by lazy people, making it unclean.

But hey, it's your name and your mind think what you want :)
December 1, 2003, 9:16 PM
Mitosis
DarkVirus your a gangsta man! ;) lol [referring to his pic]
December 1, 2003, 9:40 PM
Denial
[quote author=wut link=board=2;threadid=3975;start=15#msg32947 date=1070309869]
[/quote]

um i thought that was zest? remember zestfully clean? so fresh so clean?
December 1, 2003, 11:35 PM
wut
[quote author=j0k3r link=board=2;threadid=3975;start=15#msg32959 date=1070313399]
I tend to disagree, "what" is proper, and hence clean, while "wut" is used as slang and by lazy people, making it unclean.

But hey, it's your name and your mind think what you want :)
[/quote]

Yeah, and "j0k3r" isn't exactly grammatically correct either!
December 2, 2003, 3:41 AM
j0k3r
No, but purposefully so, you try getting the account 'Joker' anywhere.
December 2, 2003, 3:43 AM
Crypticflare
Untill the last two years, my handle was always concerning the word "Rebel" Rebel_Forever2, Rebels[RC] (Back in the day) Hence I used the word rebel because our school mascot was the rebels, Anyhoo I wanted to start a nice gaming site devoted to console, pc, even real life kooky games, but I wanted a devoted name to go with it. I had the word Krypt for a month or so, then a friend suggested KrypticDream, I said what about CrypticDream, then he finally said Crypticflare. I said why the hell not, and its been like that since.
December 2, 2003, 3:57 AM
ObsidianWolf
Until about 2 Months ago my handle was Wolf or Obsidian, or in this case a junction of the two. I know go by Bene or Benevolent as most in entropy refer to me. In Team Chaos X I was Zev.
December 3, 2003, 5:49 AM
Arta
'wut' is even more ridiculous here, since we pronounce 'what' more like 'wot', so 'wut' just sounds like nonsense.
December 3, 2003, 2:21 PM
Trance
Hehe, crazy british accents. :)
December 3, 2003, 4:24 PM
Zerg
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=2;threadid=3975;start=30#msg33397 date=1070461314]
'wut' is even more ridiculous here, since we pronounce 'what' more like 'wot', so 'wut' just sounds like nonsense.
[/quote]
Arta! If you're going to post making fun of his name, at least describe yours :-)
December 3, 2003, 8:57 PM
MoNksBaNe_Agahnim
well when i first got on bnet, when BW came out, my brother played a lot and his name was MoNk, thus to spite my brother I made mine MoNk's Bane. After finding it annoying when our clan got new members and everyone calling me MoNk instead Bane, since I'm not my brother lol, I decided to change it. I too have been a fan of arcane type magic such as wica, runes, ect... so I wanted a wizard type name. Thus Agahnim was born, Agahnim being the wizard in LTTP that breaks the wisemen's seal that unleashes Ganon, I am obsessed with Zelda. I then found that a lot of people knew me as MoNksBaNe and not Agahnim and vise versa, thus MoNksBaNe_Agahnim is created for forums and battle.net, although as a programming name I use Agahnim.
December 3, 2003, 9:23 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=3975;start=0#msg32751 date=1070232333]
By now I'm sure everybody knows where mine came from - Shakespeare's Othello. Period.

iago was the evil machavellian backstabber, and I took on this name back when I used to backstab, and it just stuck.
[/quote]

On an unrelated note, my favorite Hollywood rendition of [u]Othello[/u] is the one with Lawrence Fishburne and Kenneth Branagh (who played Iago). Branagh's best acting sequence was when he began the soliloquy, "I... hate... the moor...." Strong emotion there.

Cheers =)
December 3, 2003, 11:10 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Crypticflare link=board=2;threadid=3975;start=30#msg33129 date=1070337423]
Untill the last two years, my handle was always concerning the word "Rebel" Rebel_Forever2, Rebels[RC] (Back in the day) Hence I used the word rebel because our school mascot was the rebels, Anyhoo I wanted to start a nice gaming site devoted to console, pc, even real life kooky games, but I wanted a devoted name to go with it. I had the word Krypt for a month or so, then a friend suggested KrypticDream, I said what about CrypticDream, then he finally said Crypticflare. I said why the hell not, and its been like that since.
[/quote]

Can't forget CRYPTIC-D]2AGON.
December 4, 2003, 1:06 AM
Probe
ive got my handle from a starcraft unit, i thought probes were pretty cool so i made the screen name Probe_. ive used it up untill i joined double x, now i use 2xX-Probe
December 4, 2003, 7:58 PM
Archonist
Hi, Probe!

Anyway, I've used Archonist for a while. I based it off of the Protoss unit 'Archon' but just added the 'ist' because I wanted something original and the same AIM screename and b.net name. (Don't ask me why)

Before I used Archonist, I used the name Juanto. I took that name from the movie Lethal Weapon 4. He was a drug lord type thing, You can see the movie if you wan't to know that bad.

Before I used Juanto, I used Serving. I traded for the name a long time ago and I used it in a few clans. I guess I just used it because I kind-of liked it.
December 4, 2003, 10:24 PM
Myndfyr
My original handle, DarkTemplar, spawned out of the fact that I liked the Protoss templar so much and when I was a young newb I didn't even know that in the single player SC that there were Dark Templar. :P

I don't know where MyndFyre came from.... Don't ask.
December 4, 2003, 10:50 PM
Mitosis
I got my origonal name (Wing(x)) from watching anime. I liked the Gundam Wing series alot so I started to buy the models. Then when I got the internet I named my first account Wing(x). Then over the years its changed. But sticking with something you really like could give you cool ideas for names and such.
December 4, 2003, 10:53 PM
Arta
[quote author=Zerg link=board=2;threadid=3975;start=30#msg33464 date=1070485049]
Arta! If you're going to post making fun of his name, at least describe yours :-)
[/quote]

I was originally Artanis. At the time I thought of it I didn't realise I'd heard it while playing Starcraft. When I found out I thought well, that sucks. Not very original. People had started calling me Arta just as a nickname because it's shorter to type, and I liked it, so I swapped to that.
December 5, 2003, 1:45 PM

Search