Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Tricking people for d2 stuff ( wrong)

AuthorMessageTime
Denial
The newest scam out there that has been going on for a few weeks by c0ke yes hes still on b-net tricking people to go to either of these sites.

Mind you when you go here it will try and download stuff to your computer and then spread it to like 5 different places so before and if you even try to go here make sure your protected.

I believe it's wrong to like trojan/virus peoples computers for this purpose. I thought i would post and see how other people feel about this subject

Edit: It isn't necessary for the links to be here, and its a little dangerous. Lets not supply Mr. c0ke with free promotions.
November 30, 2003, 7:12 AM
Paul
[quote author=Denial link=board=2;threadid=3958;start=0#msg32576 date=1070176332]
I believe it's wrong to like trojan/virus peoples computers for this purpose. I thought i would post and see how other people feel about this subject
[/quote]

What purpose? Fun factor? All of which I don't agree with when it comes to trojans/virii, however, I just recently released information on a D2 crash exploit for Realms, which is OK in my book considering I posted a fix aswell!
November 30, 2003, 7:54 AM
j0k3r
Ah c0ke... I recognize the name...

The easiest way not to get hacked is not to visit sites you don't know about. Idiots are always coming into channels saying 'omg i just got hacked wtf give me some items i have nothing' and it's pathetic.

I agree that it shouldn't be done (by everyone), but it keeps the noobs on the lower rungs of the ladder and and it gets rid of some of the noobs.
November 30, 2003, 12:48 PM
wut
The best virus scanner is called "discretion"

If I have to visit a website that I'm unsure about, I do it on a dummy account with links :D
November 30, 2003, 1:29 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Denial link=board=2;threadid=3958;start=0#msg32576 date=1070176332]
The newest scam out there that has been going on for a few weeks by c0ke yes hes still on b-net tricking people to go to either of these sites.

<removed>

Mind you when you go here it will try and download stuff to your computer and then spread it to like 5 different places so before and if you even try to go here make sure your protected.

[/quote]

[font=Tahoma]What a f*cking pussy, play the game and get your own stuff[/font]
November 30, 2003, 5:49 PM
j0k3r
Coke isn't very interested in D2, just making people unhappy.
November 30, 2003, 5:56 PM
Denial
[quote author=Paul link=board=2;threadid=3958;start=0#msg32584 date=1070178896]
[/quote]

What purpose? Fun factor? All of which I don't agree with when it comes to trojans/virii, however, I just recently released information on a D2 crash exploit for Realms, which is OK in my book considering I posted a fix aswell!
[/quote]

No i think thats kind of fun to annoy people. Atleast you don't affect their computer or take their names and such through suck a stupid thing which people will never learn to get virus scanners and firewalls.
November 30, 2003, 6:16 PM
Mitosis
Shit I just got 5 viruses from it and my norton says it cant be repaired.
November 30, 2003, 7:13 PM
j0k3r
[quote author=Mitosis link=board=2;threadid=3958;start=0#msg32679 date=1070219601]
Shit I just got 5 viruses from it and my norton says it cant be repaired.
[/quote]
LMFAO@MITOSIS

Man what the hell were you thinking... 'By the way it installs viruses everywhere as soon as you visit it'... 'Ok sounds fun I'll go'
November 30, 2003, 7:22 PM
Spht
You should be checking http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com daily.
November 30, 2003, 7:26 PM
Mitosis
DLING the updates right now.
November 30, 2003, 7:28 PM
thetempest
ya, i agree with Paul, if you crash something and release a patch thats ok. Just because it's more of an ego thing, ya it was me i did it, and while i have fun with it, you go take this patch and fix the servers so it doesn't ruin the game for everyone.

but to me, stealing account info by setting virus and trojan stuff like that is just wrong.
November 30, 2003, 7:39 PM
warz
I don't think it's wrong if you created the trojan yourself, deployed it yourself and kept the profit to yourself. I think it's actually rather fun and interesting. It's pretty addictive, too; expecially with a boring game such as Diablo.
November 30, 2003, 8:14 PM
Denial
Warz, you do have a valid point but getting stuff by trojans and viruses. Shouldn't be the way to do it. I mean infecting someones computer then killing it to the point of where it doesn't work anymore? I think that just goes beyond fun when they didn't do anything to you.

He isn't keeping the profit to himself and he even trojaned his own members? now tell me is that morally right to do?
November 30, 2003, 9:49 PM
Thing
Peeking at the source of http://<removed> shows that a window containing test.hta is opened. test.hta source is here https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/files/test.hta.htm Once executed, the following files are created:

c:\cmdl32.exe
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\1.MZP
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\1.MZP
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\Win Const0.idx - 0 bytes
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\Win Const1.idx - 0 bytes
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\Win Const.exe
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\Win Const1.dat is created upon execution of Win Const.exe and is where all of your keystrokes are logged. :)

The trojan connects to 24.2.211.159 on TCP port 85 where the machines happily chat with each other waiting for the master to take control.

That's all I have time to mess with for now. I might let it run tonight and see what happens.
November 30, 2003, 9:53 PM
Skywing
[quote author=Thing link=board=2;threadid=3958;start=0#msg32742 date=1070229210]
Peeking at the source of http://<removed> shows that a window containing test.hta is opened. test.hta source is here https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/files/test.hta.htm Once executed, the following files are created:

c:\cmdl32.exe
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\1.MZP
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\1.MZP
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\Win Const0.idx - 0 bytes
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\Win Const1.idx - 0 bytes
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\Win Const.exe
c:\documents and settings\user\windows\win types\Win Const1.dat is created upon execution of Win Const.exe and is where all of your keystrokes are logged. :)

The trojan connects to 24.2.211.159 on TCP port 85 where the machines happily chat with each other waiting for the master to take control.

That's all I have time to mess with for now. I might let it run tonight and see what happens.
[/quote]
It might be interesting to report that address to the ISP's abuse dept. and see what happens to his Internet access.
December 1, 2003, 3:24 AM
K
[quote author=Skywing link=board=2;threadid=3958;start=15#msg32824 date=1070249098]
It might be interesting to report that address to the ISP's abuse dept. and see what happens to his Internet access.
[/quote]

Already been done ;)
http://www.comcast.net/memberservices/contactus/contact_us.jsp
24.2.211.159 [c-24-2-211-159.client.comcast.net]
December 1, 2003, 3:31 AM
Denial
Ah lets all go there and complain! i went as well
December 1, 2003, 7:57 AM
iago
As did I.. what the hell? :)
December 1, 2003, 8:30 AM
warz
Oh please, this is a damn computer. I'm completely cold hearted when it comes to other peoples computers. I could render somebodies computer completely useless by deleting crucial files, and not feel the least bit bad about doing so. If you waited for somebody to do something to you in certain situations online, then there'd be no risks. In the case of waiting, it's either play or be played. Somebody has to act first.

On a side note:
In a way, Denial helped out c0ke. By simply placing that link there, before explaining what it does, might (and has) potentially lead people to click it, and then continue to read on (I almost did). I was thinking about this earlier, when I almost clicked it before reading on. It somewhat ties into this topic though.
December 1, 2003, 11:49 PM
Zerg
[quote author=warz link=board=2;threadid=3958;start=15#msg33043 date=1070322574]
Oh please, this is a damn computer. I'm completely cold hearted when it comes to other peoples computers. I could render somebodies computer completely useless by deleting crucial files, and not feel the least bit bad about doing so. If you waited for somebody to do something to you in certain situations online, then there'd be no risks. In the case of waiting, it's either play or be played. Somebody has to act first.

On a side note:
In a way, Denial helped out c0ke. By simply placing that link there, before explaining what it does, might (and has) potentially lead people to click it, and then continue to read on (I almost did). I was thinking about this earlier, when I almost clicked it before reading on. It somewhat ties into this topic though.
[/quote]
It's true, about helping out c0ke, that wasn't cool. Just look at mitosis, he clicked it, but then again, he's another story...
oh and warz, if the case is play or be played, then why simply just NOT play, and maybe everyone can eventually not play, so we can never be played? </delusion>
December 1, 2003, 11:58 PM
warz
Too bad people DO use computers. Good luck telling people to stop.
December 2, 2003, 12:46 AM
Denial
It's not like i wanted people to click there hence first word i said SCAM so that should give a clue that if you go there scam? and then i explained right below it about it. So if you don't read everything and you go there then um my bad?
December 2, 2003, 2:44 AM
CrAzY
[quote author=j0k3r link=board=2;threadid=3958;start=0#msg32605 date=1070196493]
Ah c0ke... I recognize the name...

The easiest way not to get hacked is not to visit sites you don't know about. Idiots are always coming into channels saying 'omg i just got hacked wtf give me some items i have nothing' and it's pathetic.

I agree that it shouldn't be done (by everyone), but it keeps the noobs on the lower rungs of the ladder and and it gets rid of some of the noobs.
[/quote]

Easiest way not to get hacked, is not to cheat :-). Which also means, don't download anything acept from blizzard.
December 5, 2003, 3:04 PM
Kp
[quote author=CrAzY link=board=2;threadid=3958;start=15#msg33814 date=1070636644]
Which also means, don't download anything acept from blizzard.[/quote]

Easier said than done for those people running clients which have holes that permit remotely running code/doing other evil things.
December 5, 2003, 8:46 PM
c0ke
[quote author=j0k3r link=board=2;threadid=3958;start=0#msg32655 date=1070214981]
Coke isn't very interested in D2, just making people unhappy.
[/quote]

Bingo!! (sorta)
Origionally i did it to have fun with a few people from school. Didnt want to fuck over anyone, no harmful intentions... although on occation i am rather evil. anyways im done with battle.net (only reason im on this forum is because someone showed me the link)
December 9, 2003, 11:37 AM
j0k3r
Hey what's up c0ke, still hang around 2xx?

I can see why he is scamming people, especially if he has ebay, I just sold a skullder's ire in ebay for $40... These people have too much money.
December 9, 2003, 12:08 PM

Search