Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Binding Winamp Commands to Keys

AuthorMessageTime
j0k3r
[quote author=j0k3r link=board=5;threadid=3515;start=0#msg28420 date=1068434899]
Would there be any way for you to create a script that I can bind to my keyboard keys? It seems like you know what's going on here, and I just can't understand how to get commands for winamp or how to make scripts.
[/quote]
[img]http://www.clubic.com/images/auto/img29286b.jpg[/img]
To start, yes this is from awhile ago and I've been looking into it more recently, and not that I'm any smarter than I was back then but I decided to use my head a little more. I am trying to get a script or something bound to the keys on the top part of my keyboard (those keys in the very top middle, sort of looks like a watch) so that I don't have to minimize a game to change songs or turn it off.

Having little real programming experience I didn't know how to go about this, so I started looking through the winamp codes that they provide with winamp 3, and in std.mi(?) I found these...
[quote]/**
setVolume()

Set the volume to the desired value.
Range is from 0 to 255.

@param vol The desired volume value.
*/
extern System.setVolume(Int vol);

/**
play()

Trigger the play event.
*/
extern System.play();

/**
stop()

Trigger the stop event.
*/
extern System.stop();

/**
pause()

Trigger the pause event.
*/
extern System.pause();

/**
next()

Trigger the next event.
*/
extern System.next();

/**
previous()

Trigger the previous event.
*/
extern System.previous();[/quote]
Now here is the part that's tricky, how would I go about using these commands in individual files so that I can bind them to the keys at the top? I've tried creating a script the best I can and binding it through the settings the keyboard provides, but I was unable to.
November 28, 2003, 1:38 PM
j0k3r
On another note, when you have winamp as your main window, you can play, stop, or pause songs by simply pressing a (different) key. Another method I've thought of is creating a script to send those key commands to winamp, if that is possible.

[edit]Grammar[/edit]
November 28, 2003, 1:40 PM
j0k3r
Now that you more knowledgable folks are home...
*bump*

Any suggestions/ideas?
November 28, 2003, 11:26 PM
Adron
I've posted on this topic before. Nothing new since then :P
November 28, 2003, 11:36 PM

Search