Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | learning vb

AuthorMessageTime
13-yr-Old-Newb
I just finished downloading vb6 but i don't know the language at all. All i know is how to use msgbox and changing the backround etc.. Easy stuff like that. I was wondering if someone would teach me it. If someone would give up some of their time to teach me that would be great. Leave me your aim/msn and I will add you, if you want to teach me.
November 26, 2003, 9:12 PM
MoNksBaNe_Agahnim
VB is a pretty easy language to learn. Back 4 years ago i studied it a little and got the basics down pretty quick. There are thousands upon thousands of VB books out there, go buy one, go buy it off of ebay, or go to half price books (if you have one, i saw a VB book for 10 bucks there, deitel and deitel maybe not sure). Or go to google and search for free ebooks or online tutorials. The internet is a wonderful source of information if used correctly. Asking people to teach you is sorta extreme, if they want to great, but i think asking them directly in /whisper is the best thing not posting about it (seems like you are begging). There are hundreds of ways to learn it, if you are turely seriouse you will grab a book/webpage read the basics, goof around with what you learned, then read some more and post asking what you don't get.

Seems to me you are looking for the things you need to just make a bot, and you are only hurting yourself. Learning Quantum physics before knowing algebra is pointless, the basics are boring and not glamorous, but when you get them down it makes programming harder stuff easier.
November 26, 2003, 9:23 PM
13-yr-Old-Newb
[quote author=MoNksBaNe_Agahnim link=board=31;threadid=3879;start=0#msg31737 date=1069881781]
go to google and search for free ebooks or online tutorials. The internet is a wonderful source of information if used correctly.
[/quote]

I've been to google and looked up learning visual basics. Thousands of sites and I tried some but couldn't find any for complete newbs. Do you know any sites?
Thanks,
-- 13-yr-old-newb
November 26, 2003, 9:34 PM
MoNksBaNe_Agahnim
pulled from google (search was called "Visual Basic Tutorials")

1) http://www.vbtutor.net/vbtutor.html

2) http://cuinl.tripod.com/tutorials.htm

3) http://www.free-ed.net/fr03/lfc/030202/120/

-----------------------------------------------------------

pulled from google (search was called "Visual Basic Guides")

1) http://www.webtutoriallist.com/list/tutorials.asp?cID=761&computer+tutorials

------------------------------------------------------------------

pulled from kazaa lite (search was called "Visual Basic" search field was documents)

--too many to list

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a few i found

November 26, 2003, 9:55 PM
13-yr-Old-Newb
Thanks
November 26, 2003, 10:31 PM
Mitosis
Alright you sound like me when I first came here, lol. Luckly enough, I found someone on here that was willing to devote their time to help me! A good books that I was told to get is Visual Basic 6 for Dummies [I got that one].
November 26, 2003, 10:40 PM
13-yr-Old-Newb
Hey, vbtutor.net is helping me alot. I have already made a program that produces the circumferance of a circle when you give it the diameter. I did it all by my self! I made a program that produces volume of a cylinder but that one is the one they tell you to make on the site. Thanks for the help,
-- 13-yr-old-newb
November 27, 2003, 12:21 AM
Mitosis
[quote author=13-yr-Old-Newb link=board=31;threadid=3879;start=0#msg31842 date=1069892498]
Hey, vbtutor.net is helping me alot. I have already made a program that produces the circumferance of a circle when you give it the diameter. I did it all by my self! I made a program that produces volume of a cylinder but that one is the one they tell you to make on the site. Thanks for the help,
-- 13-yr-old-newb
[/quote]

Doesnt it give you the exact source though, not saying I can do much more then you. All I can do right now is like create variables, and when you click on a command button something pops up in the txt box. Ohwell Im learning. Anyway good jon, Iv used that tutoral but didnt really teach me much, was kinda confusing.
November 27, 2003, 12:36 AM
Methane
wow, i was gonna make a topic like this :)!

im gonna go install Visual basic6 now brb ;)

i hope those sites help me!
December 2, 2003, 3:05 AM

Search