Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | RoomList Error!?

AuthorMessageTime
bD_EwiN
I decided to try out CupHead's CleanSlateBot.ocx module, and when I compiled it when I was finished, I recieved an Error with the ListView that displays users. For instance:

In the code
[code] RoomList.ListItems.Clear [/code]

The OCX file doesn't recognize Clear as an option... Same goes for any extention off ListItems. I think that my OCX file might be corrupt in some way.. any suggestions?
November 26, 2003, 1:58 AM
DrivE
Can you be more specific with your problem? I'm not understanding the question clearly.
November 26, 2003, 2:00 AM
Myndfyr
It seems that he is having an issue with a ListView, in that when he tries to run the Clear() method of the ListItems property, he is getting a compile-time error.

Let me first say that this has absolutely nothing to do with CSB - it's your code.

Sorry I can't help you further - I don't code VB 6.
November 26, 2003, 2:05 AM
Myndfyr
Of course, I suppose that also means it should be on the VB forum. :-P
November 26, 2003, 2:09 AM
Crypticflare
If you could post the error your recieving it would be a bit more helpful, I'm not quite sure whats going on unless, you accidently added a listBox instead of a listview.
November 26, 2003, 2:10 AM
Kp
... unless someone shows a clear tie to a bot development question.
November 26, 2003, 2:44 AM
bD_EwiN
Yeah, I'll post the error later today.
November 26, 2003, 12:34 PM
ObsidianWolf
Things to check.

Do you have a ListView Control? Some people think a ListView control is the same as Listbox.

If you have a listview control then i suggest adding something to your statement.
This is what you have
[code]
RoomList.ListItems.Clear
[/code]

This is what I would suggest trying, if the ListView control is on a form named frmMain
[code]
frmMain.RoomList.ListItems.Clear
[/code]

Something also you should check for, make sure you dont have a control array on accident. This can happen if you copy and paste your control and choose yes to the question "Would you like to create a control array". Easy way to check this is to check the Index Property of your control. if its blank then your good. You can also check the name of listitems. If it looks like
[code]
ListItems(0)
[/code]
Then you need to fix the Index Property.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.

November 26, 2003, 4:13 PM
bD_EwiN
Ok, what happens when I type:
[code] RoomList.ListItems. [/code]
And I wait for the pulldown box to pop up saying the different choices I have, the only choice is
[code] MsComctlLib [/code]

that might give a better idea to you guys who are trying to figure out wtf I'm talking about. ;)
November 26, 2003, 4:41 PM
bD_EwiN
Whoops, problems solved. It turns out to be that I was right in my 1st post. My mscomtl.ocx file was corrupt ;)

Thanks for your time everyone ::)
November 26, 2003, 4:55 PM
Arthas
lol, listviews... so... unversatile. I wrote my own control :)
November 28, 2003, 4:59 AM

Search