Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | EternalChat & StealthBot error(s)

AuthorMessageTime
Mephisto
I downloaded Kazaa one night to get Microsoft Visual Studio C++, and I decided to stop the download, and uninstall Kazaa and reboot. I went back to load my EternalChat and it had the following error upon opening: System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module coult not be found.

When I opened StealthBot the following error occured: Runtime error '7.' Out of memory!

If you could provide me information about the nature of the error (particuarly EternalChat) and how to troubleshoot and fix this problem, it would be much appreciated, thankyou.
November 24, 2003, 3:29 PM
Spht
You downloaded a trojanned Kazaa. Re-install Windows.
November 24, 2003, 3:34 PM
Mephisto
Are there any possible alternatives?
November 25, 2003, 12:36 AM
Myndfyr
haha sucka. That's what you get for pirating software. :D
November 25, 2003, 12:49 AM
iago
For the third time today,

We here at Valhalla Legends Inc. © neither support nor condone piracy.
November 25, 2003, 12:49 AM
j0k3r
Laf@Iago, what's that on your FTP? :P

That's what you get for pirating software dude.
November 25, 2003, 1:14 AM
iago
[quote author=j0k3r link=board=2;threadid=3812;start=0#msg31259 date=1069722896]
Laf@Iago, what's that on your FTP? :P

That's what you get for pirating software dude.
[/quote]

I don't have an ftp anymore, since I installed my router I blocked * ports, and haven't bothered to change it.
November 25, 2003, 1:41 AM
MrRaza
[quote author=Spht link=board=2;threadid=3812;start=0#msg31111 date=1069688052]
You downloaded a trojanned Kazaa. Re-install Windows.
[/quote]

An alternative,

S&D Spyware/Trojan/Dialer remover
ActiveX Exploit protector
McAfee Freescan
November 25, 2003, 1:54 AM
Stealth
My experience has shown that error '7' and the system error you stated are caused when one or more dependency files are not properly installed and registered. It would seem that Kazaa decided to take down a few runtimes on its way out. ;)

In any event, StealthBot.net's files section has all of StealthBot's dependencies, including a link to Microsoft's site for the VB6 runtimes. I would assume that EternalChat's dependencies are similar, so installing all of StealthBot's would likely clear up the EternalChat problem as well.

HTH

Edit: Added link to files section
November 26, 2003, 3:58 AM
Mephisto
Your solution to fix the problem was unconclusive for one reason: The VB Runtime .exe file installation had a failure in installing the file which displayed the following error: INF install failure. Reason: ,o[]

The actual symbols were ascii and the o had a spanish sgwigly line over it like the ñ.
November 27, 2003, 5:32 AM
Stealth
Impressive.

Did any of the other files work? The link I provide is to Microsoft's download of the VB runtimes, so something is wrong locally.

You could actually have a virus. Scanned lately? http://grisoft.com -- AVG6 is free.
November 27, 2003, 6:13 AM
Mephisto
I allready checked for viruses with Norton, although I will check again with that scanner and report results to you once done.
November 27, 2003, 9:20 AM
Mitosis
Mehpisto, you remember that big post of my useless crap saying "HELP MY COMPS BROKEN!!" well believe it or not you have the same problem I did. So I was told to reinstall Windows because my anti viruses cant track the file. So reinstall and you should be fine.
November 27, 2003, 12:16 PM
crashtestdummy
Try mcafee. I was fixing someones laptop for them two days ago and I ran norton on it first and it showed no viruses. Ran mcafee and it showed 14.
November 27, 2003, 1:57 PM

Search