Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Web Development | books?

AuthorMessageTime
crashtestdummy
I did a search and couldn't find any suggested books for beginning to program HTML.
Or is there something new and more advanced than html that i should learn.
November 24, 2003, 9:18 AM
St0rm.iD
xhtml/css
November 24, 2003, 12:06 PM
Skywing
W3C (http://www.w3.org) has quite a lot of information that may help you with writing (X)HTML.
November 24, 2003, 2:06 PM
Grok
[quote author=crashtestdummy link=board=22;threadid=3806;start=0#msg31060 date=1069665509]
I did a search and couldn't find any suggested books for beginning to program HTML.
Or is there something new and more advanced than html that i should learn.
[/quote]

The Wrox Press "HTML 4.01 Programmer's Professional Reference", I find to be a terrific book on HTML, XHTML and CSS. It's getting a bit dated already, CSS 2 is covered but CSS 3 is only mentioned. If you care about getting up to date, get this book and keep all your pages as "HTML 4.01 Strict", which is the same as "XHTML 1.0 Transitional" (all deprecated elements removed and enforced).

To go XHTML 1.1, you have to redesign everything using modules. If you care about this version, you can either use W3.ORG, or try to find a good book on the subject. To date I haven't found a satisfactory XHTML 1.1 book, and I go to the bookstore every other week scanning for worthwhile references.
November 24, 2003, 2:28 PM
crashtestdummy
Thanks for the info.
November 24, 2003, 4:28 PM

Search