Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Excess of Grok | So much for TCU...

AuthorMessageTime
DarkMinion
I really wanted to see them get into a BCS bowl so they could lose 70-0 on national TV, but I suppose losing to USM will have to do...

Pansies.
November 21, 2003, 2:49 PM
DrivE
TCU, in my opinion, is one of the most underrated teams in football. My football coach, who has been a head coach at three D-1 schools agrees. They should have been allowed a tougher schedule. They wouldn't have won as many games, but they would have gotten the experience and confidence they need.
November 21, 2003, 8:59 PM
DarkMinion
They are "allowed" as tough a schedule as they want. They can schedule anybody in OOC.

And as far as them being underrated, have you ever watched them play? They stink. They've been squeaking by these terrible teams all year, and they finally met with a half decent team and that team wiped the floor with them. How can they be overrated? They were in the top 10, that's about as overrated as you can possibly get. They proved why teams in conferences like CUSA shouldn't be ranked that high.

Don't buy into the hype, they're not that good. Sure they look good against bad teams, but...
November 21, 2003, 10:32 PM
DrivE
Of course they look bad. They only play as well as they are required. They need a challenge!!!
November 22, 2003, 12:18 AM
DarkMinion
Uh, in case you didn't notice, they got one!!! And they got raped!!!

And Southern Miss is not even a top 25 team!
November 22, 2003, 12:58 AM
DrivE
Of course not. They lack the big game experience to know how to fight the big dogs.
November 22, 2003, 2:41 AM
DarkMinion
Can't you just admit they're not that good? I mean hell it's obvious if you've just watched them play...their players aren't that good.
November 22, 2003, 2:51 AM
DrivE
They have plenty of talent. They need the big game experience.
November 22, 2003, 3:19 AM
DarkMinion
I call BS on that one. Watch them play. Their players aren't that good.
November 22, 2003, 3:44 AM
Grok
Sorry, but it takes talent to win games. That's 90% of it. The teams that recruit the best, they win consistently. Who has TCU recruited over the last 4 years that is 5-star? 4-star?
November 22, 2003, 5:23 AM
DarkMinion
Not sure about that, but right now they have 2 2-stars and a 1-star JUCO player committed... ::)
November 22, 2003, 5:00 PM

Search