Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | vL halo?

AuthorMessageTime
MoNksBaNe_Agahnim
do you guys (both on vL boards and in clan vL) play halo for PC? if so we should set up a a dedicated server and play would be fun :D

edit: typos
November 20, 2003, 3:23 AM
iago
I've played it, but I didn't like it very much.
November 20, 2003, 6:54 AM
wut
How about a Quake 3 Fortress server? That game is fucking addicting, and every self-respecting computer nerd plays/has played Quake :p
November 20, 2003, 8:24 AM
j0k3r
[quote author=wut link=board=2;threadid=3721;start=0#msg30299 date=1069316696]
How about a Quake 3 Fortress server? That game is fucking addicting, and every self-respecting computer nerd plays/has played Quake :p
[/quote]
I had the demo.

Everyone plays different games, and suggesting to get a server is a bad idea if you don't have the money for it.

'Hey I like this game, if you pay for my server you can play it too!'
November 20, 2003, 12:25 PM
Zakath
*raises his hand*
I've never played Quake, in any form. I did play Doom and Wolfenstein 3D, but neither did enough for me that I had any interest in Quake. Personally, I find FPS games unsuitable for play by yourself, even on the internet. They're only fun in a party atmosphere, when the person you're shooting is sitting next to you on the couch, and you're laughing and having fun with it. Really competitive FPS play is quite boring.
November 20, 2003, 3:26 PM
Adron
I find it very fun over the Internet, especially with the voice communications going.
November 20, 2003, 7:05 PM
UserLoser.
I have Halo on xbox :)

Edit: Added link ;D
November 20, 2003, 10:11 PM
j0k3r
Yeah voice comm adds alot to team play... Allowing you to communicate fast and efficiently.

I find FPS fun even over the net, as long as you're playing with people you know.
November 20, 2003, 10:31 PM
warz
Halo is actually very fun. Torque and I played it all the time over the summer. We're pretty unbeatable. I love Quake 3 Team Arena or whatever the one that's open source is. I love the speed, and the accuracy needed to use the rail gun. It's fun fun fun!
November 20, 2003, 11:14 PM
mynameistmp
warz remembers playing Q3 with tmp ?
November 21, 2003, 12:09 AM
warz
Yeah, I also remember kickin' your ass a few times! ;)
I wanna play it some more, actually.
November 21, 2003, 12:33 AM
Naem
I dislike Halo.

For one, its sensitivity when set to "1" is still way too high; second, you cannot use any console commands while in a multiplayer game; third, mouse accel is enabled by default for some unknown reason; fourth, I can empty three clips with my pistol at someone in close range and never hit, maybe it's lag or maybe it's netcode; fifth, I have the cracked version so I can only see about ten games in the game finder ;)

Oh, and I had to go through hell to get it to work. I had to add something like "-forceres 800,600,100" to get the game to even run because it said my card (A ti 4200) was incapable of rendering Direct3D....... right. Maybe it had something to do with ReForce. (edit: it does, halo won't let you use a program, i.e. reforce, to lock your refresh rate unless you manually force halo to run at a certain res and refresh)

Also there is a "mouse lag" in Halo where it makes you feel like you're using a bad wireless mouse. You move your mouse and your crosshair moves a fraction of a second later. To fix it, the following things worked for me (mouse accel instructions included since it is a terrible idea IMO)

[quote]
Try running the game as..

Halo.exe -console

..and then typing mouse_acceleration 0 (or any other value if you feel like experimenting). Failing that, locate your video card in config.txt and add..

DisableBuffering
break

..underneath it, so it'd read like..

0x0201 = "GeForce3 Ti200"
DisableBuffering
break
[/quote]

I find it sad that there is no official support for most of the problems I've gone over.
November 21, 2003, 6:12 PM

Search