Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | my bot

AuthorMessageTime
DeeZ
I've started working on a new bot to play poker online. Right now, I'm still working on getting the AI right, I believe interfacing to online poker will be trivial.

Though, I might be wrong. I'm posting because I'm curious if anyone has tried to do this before. Particularily, I wonder if sites like PartyPoker actively run bot-checks (measures could be as simple as having a floorman engage a suspected bot in text-chat). They have very little incentive to run bot-checks; bots are raked (house %) the same as all other players.

My current AI is very heuristical, it's not trying to "solve" the game, but to simply use it's patience and drawing expectation calcluations as an advantage over players who are "fish". I can beat the game myself, and it seems very mechanical-- so it's inspired this project. The idea, for those who aren't familiar with the game, is to write a bot that can win 1 big bet per hour, or 0.20$ in a 0.10-0.20$ game or 6$ in a 3-6$ (which is the highest level of play I'd expect the AI to be able to win at). Loading several bots (3 per credit/card/IP/site) one could make quite a profit .....
November 17, 2003, 7:29 PM
j0k3r
My first thought was that you needed a life if you were to make a bot to beat people in a poker game online, which is mainly used for fun I'd assume.

Then you said it was for money... You should be shot for scamming people.
November 17, 2003, 9:43 PM
DeeZ
Lol, you're probably right on both points.
November 17, 2003, 10:58 PM
iago
So if I help what do I get for a consultant fee?
November 17, 2003, 11:04 PM
DeeZ
LoL! You'd only be qualified to help if you've done and completed this project before.

Besides, I never asked for help with the project whatsoever. I asked if anyone knows first hand if the popular sites take measures to eliminate bots.

Since you guys make stupid shit all the time I thought someone might have. Sorry, I obviously came to the wrong place...
November 17, 2003, 11:41 PM
j0k3r
[quote author=DeeZ link=board=5;threadid=3672;start=0#msg29805 date=1069112470]
Since you guys make stupid shit all the time I thought someone might have. Sorry, I obviously came to the wrong place...
[/quote]
LOL +1 for humour.
November 18, 2003, 12:05 AM
warz
Actually, that'd be an interesting program to make. Free money? I'd take it.
November 18, 2003, 12:35 AM

Search