Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | runtime dll's

AuthorMessageTime
MoNksBaNe_Agahnim
Hey, i wasn't sure where this topic would fit so i decided just to put it in this board. anyways....

I recently installed the VC++ 7.0 runtime dll's and it has messed up my computer some, i get error msgs a lot on some webpages and none on others. How can i reverse the effects of those runtime files and go back to my old ones?
November 15, 2003, 5:49 AM
Skywing
[quote author=MoNksBaNe_Agahnim link=board=2;threadid=3615;start=0#msg29240 date=1068875391]
Hey, i wasn't sure where this topic would fit so i decided just to put it in this board. anyways....

I recently installed the VC++ 7.0 runtime dll's and it has messed up my computer some, i get error msgs a lot on some webpages and none on others. How can i reverse the effects of those runtime files and go back to my old ones?
[/quote]
The VC7 runtimes have different filenames than any other VC version runtimes. There should be no need to "revert" to the older runtimes, because only programs compiled with VC7 will use the new runtimes. I don't think your problem is really with the VC7 DLLs.
November 15, 2003, 7:26 AM
Raven
What kind of error messages are they? (I.E.: 0x error dialog boxes, "Debug" option boxes, Unidentified "Must Close Application" errors, etc.)
November 15, 2003, 8:16 AM
MoNksBaNe_Agahnim
this is one of the errors i get, the main one i get (don't have a SS) is something about a server error and asks if i want to debug. All the errors happen with the internet.

[img]http://daoc.insanitation.com/images/runtime-error.gif[/img]
November 15, 2003, 3:13 PM
Eibro
[quote author=MoNksBaNe_Agahnim link=board=2;threadid=3615;start=0#msg29275 date=1068909236]
this is one of the errors i get, the main one i get (don't have a SS) is something about a server error and asks if i want to debug. All the errors happen with the internet.

[img]http://daoc.insanitation.com/images/runtime-error.gif[/img]
[/quote]Tools->Options->Advanced: Check Disable Script Debugging
November 15, 2003, 3:28 PM
MoNksBaNe_Agahnim
thank you friends
November 15, 2003, 4:43 PM

Search