Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Help?

AuthorMessageTime
NeoIllusions
My computer has been having some problems. I run Windows XP Home Edition but lately it can't boot up properly. When I turn on the computer, it runs until the "Windows XP" screen where a bar is moving left to right. After that, I believe the cpu turns off and goes into a blue screen.

stop: c000021 {Bad Image Checksum}
The image lz32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum

If any of you could tell me how to fix this, I'd appriciate it. Thanks in advance.
November 15, 2003, 12:51 AM
Raven
Load up the computer with the XP CD, and try to perform a system recovery. If a DLL gets corrupt, especially one that's hitup at startup, it's not an easy thing to fix. Worst case scenario, you may have to format, but a system recovery from the disk should work fine. :)
November 15, 2003, 1:37 AM
Skywing
[quote author=NeoIllusions link=board=2;threadid=3611;start=0#msg29207 date=1068857466]
My computer has been having some problems. I run Windows XP Home Edition but lately it can't boot up properly. When I turn on the computer, it runs until the "Windows XP" screen where a bar is moving left to right. After that, I believe the cpu turns off and goes into a blue screen.

The image lz32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum

If any of you could tell me how to fix this, I'd appriciate it. Thanks in advance.
[/quote]
Start the Recovery Console and replace lz32.dll.dll in \SystemRoot\System32 with the version on your Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM. IIRC, the Recovery Console copy command automatically expands files as needed. You may find this file in D:\I386, where D: is your CD-ROM drive letter.

This KB article provides information on using the Recovery Console.
November 15, 2003, 1:38 AM
NeoIllusions
[quote author=Skywing link=board=2;threadid=3611;start=0#msg29211 date=1068860301]
[quote author=NeoIllusions link=board=2;threadid=3611;start=0#msg29207 date=1068857466]

[/quote]
Start the Recovery Console and replace lz32.dll.dll in \SystemRoot\System32 with the version on your Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM. IIRC, the Recovery Console copy command automatically expands files as needed. You may find this file in D:\I386, where D: is your CD-ROM drive letter.

This KB article provides information on using the Recovery Console.
[/quote]

I got as far as the Recovery Console Command Prompt. But now I don't know the commands on how to copy the lz32.dll.dll file from the Windows XP Home Edition CD onto my hard drive. Could you walk me through how to access the file(s) and then overwrite it on my hard drive? I apologize for my computer illiteracy in this area and vL seems like a group who can help. Thank you for your patience.
November 16, 2003, 1:29 AM
NeoIllusions
Never mind. I was able to fix it. Thank you Raven and SkyWing for your tidbits of help.
November 16, 2003, 3:42 AM

Search