Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Show What I typed Using AddChat

AuthorMessageTime
DoMVc
Hey, on my bot I'm using CSB and it shows what other users typed, but It won't show what I typed..I tryed using Addchat to show it but it still won't work, anybody know what I'm doing wrong? :-\
November 10, 2003, 8:02 PM
iago
And if you don't know how to do THAT, I would recommend re-thinking your career choice :P
November 10, 2003, 10:48 PM
CrAz3D
Making a bot doesn't have to be a career, he might just program for fun. I have no intentions of going into programming as a career.
November 10, 2003, 11:14 PM
Freeware
[quote author=DoMVc link=board=17;threadid=3532;start=0#msg28559 date=1068494565]
Hey, on my bot I'm using CSB and it shows what other users typed, but It won't show what I typed..I tryed using Addchat to show it but it still won't work, anybody know what I'm doing wrong? :-\
[/quote]

Before using CleanSlateBot1.Send txtSend.text
put this:

[code]
AddChat "<" & MyUsername & ">: " & txtSend.text
[/code]

Like stated above, If you cant do this you really shouldnt be making a bot. Thank CupHead for yet another person that lives of CSB
November 11, 2003, 12:49 AM
iago
[quote author=Freeware link=board=17;threadid=3532;start=0#msg28601 date=1068511767]
[quote author=DoMVc link=board=17;threadid=3532;start=0#msg28559 date=1068494565]
[/quote]

put this:

[code]
[/code]

Like stated above, If you cant do this you really shouldnt be making a bot. Thank CupHead for yet another person that lives of CSB
[/quote]

Yes, and you giving him the exact code he needs is much better!
November 11, 2003, 1:00 AM
Hitmen
[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=3532;start=0#msg28609 date=1068512408]
[quote author=Freeware link=board=17;threadid=3532;start=0#msg28601 date=1068511767]
[/quote]

put this:

[code]
[/code]

[/quote]

Yes, and you giving him the exact code he needs is much better!
[/quote]
Nuh uh, he needs to add the pretty colors himself. :P
November 11, 2003, 1:53 AM
CrAz3D
Acutally, I suggest making a Send sub/function. That way you can encorporate a queue, lockchat, AddChat when you speak, & any other thing that may be related to that area.

IE:[code]Public Sub Send(ByVal data as string, Unhide as boolean)
If Unhide=true then
AddChat vbyellow, "<" & CurrentUsername & "> " & VBCrLf & vbwhite, data
end if
CleanSlateBot1.Send data
End Sub[/code]

Something like that. I'm not sure that I have the vbcrlf in the right order, I can't remember this late @ night.
November 11, 2003, 4:59 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=CrAz3D link=board=17;threadid=3532;start=0#msg28630 date=1068526795]
Acutally, I suggest making a Send sub/function. That way you can encorporate a queue, lockchat, AddChat when you speak, & any other thing that may be related to that area.

IE:[code]Public Sub Send(ByVal data as string, Unhide as boolean)
If Unhide=true then
AddChat vbyellow, "<" & CurrentUsername & "> " & VBCrLf & vbwhite, data
end if
CleanSlateBot1.Send data
End Sub[/code]

Something like that. I'm not sure that I have the vbcrlf in the right order, I can't remember this late @ night.
[/quote]

Nothing against DoMVc but, I'm not entirely positive that he would understand the concept of a seperate Send sub. Oh yeah and pretty colors are so pretty Hitmen.
[code]
Private Sub cmdSend_Click() 'Send Button
'Variable Shit
Dim strSend As String ' Not Really A Needed String :p
strSend = txtSend.text 'Assign A Value
'Transmit Data
CleanSlateBot1.Send strSend 'Send Initial Text
AddChat "<" & strCurrentUsername & "> ", vbCyan, strSend & vbNewLine, vbWhite 'Add The Text Being Send
txtSend.Text = vbNullString 'Clear The Text Box
[/code]

Edit: Indented
November 11, 2003, 5:53 AM
CrAz3D
Oh, I guess that could hold him back some but it sure would make it alot easier in the long run.
November 11, 2003, 2:36 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=CrAz3D link=board=17;threadid=3532;start=0#msg28659 date=1068561364]
Oh, I guess that could hold him back some but it sure would make it alot easier in the long run.
[/quote]

Yes it would, from experience I can say that it is really a pain to do it each time you send something (be it a command or such.)

November 11, 2003, 3:29 PM
CrAz3D
Yes ma'am. Little functions make thing so much cleaner also.
November 11, 2003, 4:20 PM

Search