Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Hi Im New...

AuthorMessageTime
Jaquio
Hi im new to all this bot making i wanted to make a bot for my clan and i was wondering if there are any tutorials out there to help me. i am a quick leaner and can laern most difficult things.
November 10, 2003, 2:22 PM
iago
What do you know already? It would be helpful to know where you're starting from.
November 10, 2003, 3:54 PM
Eternal
+1 to Iago for not losing his patience or flaming.
November 10, 2003, 4:07 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Eternal link=board=17;threadid=3524;start=0#msg28504 date=1068480428]
+1 to Iago for not losing his patience or flaming.
[/quote]

Aye, that was great!

In re: to Jaquio, as Iago said, what do you know already? If you're familiar with a programming language, you might want to look into its implementation of Windows Sockets (or if you're not programming the bot for Windows, any sockets connection). For example, Visual Basic 6 uses the WinSock OCX control, whereas C++ uses the Windows Sockets API as well as the straight-up send() and recv() functions. The .NET framework uses the System.Net.Sockets namespace.

If you're not familiar with programming, take a look at the Computer Science Classes forum. You need to be familiar with at least one programming language before beginning, otherwise you will get severely flamed on this forum by people who really don't want to rehash the same answer 200 times.

If you know general Visual Basic 6 programming, you might want to look into CupHead's CleanSlateBot OCX control (IIRC, it's at http://www.valhallalegends.com/cuphead/ ). I've never used it, but as I understand it's quite good, and helps even the newbiest of newbs make a bot.

Good luck. =)

--Rob
November 10, 2003, 6:14 PM
CupHead
http://cuphead.valhallalegends.com/tutorials/lesson1.htm

It's a decent start. You might try the thread that involved these tutorials as well.
November 10, 2003, 6:41 PM
iago
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=3524;start=0#msg28516 date=1068488078]
++ uses the Windows Sockets API as well as the straight-up send() and recv() functions. The .NET framework uses the System.Net.Sockets namespace.
[/quote]

(note that send and recv are part fo the Winsock API.)
November 10, 2003, 6:56 PM
Freeware
Well the easiest way is 1st Learn Visual Basic 6.0 and then use CupHead's CleanSlateBot Control.

Once again thx CupHead for letting anybody make a bot with no experience
November 11, 2003, 12:51 AM
St0rm.iD
[quote author=Freeware link=board=17;threadid=3524;start=0#msg28603 date=1068511866]
Once again thx CupHead for letting anybody make a bot with no experience
[/quote]

0xFU
November 11, 2003, 8:03 PM
iago
[quote]Jaquio
[toast] [roast]
I'm a llama!
[/quote]

I don't think (s)he's coming back :-/
November 11, 2003, 8:05 PM
CrAz3D
He only posted yesterday, he may not be aware that most people here are on about 23/8.
November 11, 2003, 11:39 PM
warz
I'm a quick leaner too. Man, if I see that a situation is gretting rather boring, or a speech is getting a little too lengthy - I quickly lean up against something, and doze off to sleep.

Happy leaning, Jaquio!
November 12, 2003, 2:47 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=3524;start=0#msg28526 date=1068490563]
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=3524;start=0#msg28516 date=1068488078]
++ uses the Windows Sockets API as well as the straight-up send() and recv() functions. The .NET framework uses the System.Net.Sockets namespace.
[/quote]

(note that send and recv are part fo the Winsock API.)
[/quote]

Hey now, I was referring to the Windows Sockets classes when I said the Windows Sockets API, separate from the straight C functions. =P
November 13, 2003, 12:31 AM
Jaquio
oooo im sorry i forgot about posting on here because i have posted everywhere no seems to be able to help me and you guys did thx and i dont know much about making a bot i just started 1 week ago i have looked into alot of things and i know a little VB but not enough to make a bot i cant seem to figure out how to get it to connect.
November 15, 2003, 12:43 AM
Grok
We're mostly pretty helpful and have fun as long as you're at least slightly respectful and not mostly an idiot. :)
November 15, 2003, 1:56 AM
Jaquio
thats no problem for me im a funny guy and not an idiot. i have a bnls account and i can't get it to connect i followed CupHeads example from here http://cuphead.valhallalegends.com/tutorials/lesson1.htm and i still cant get the bnls to connect i have done everything...
November 15, 2003, 2:15 AM
St0rm.iD
[quote author=Jaquio link=board=17;threadid=3524;start=15#msg29217 date=1068862549]
thats no problem for me im a funny guy and not an idiot. i have a bnls account and i can't get it to connect i followed CupHeads example from here http://cuphead.valhallalegends.com/tutorials/lesson1.htm and i still cant get the bnls to connect i have done everything...
[/quote]

Before I begin, you seem pretty okay; this post is meant to help you for future posts.

1) Run on sentences are annoying and hard to read :)
2) If you're getting an error, tell us *exactly* what it is
3) If you aren't getting an error, but it's not working, tell us *exactly* what you did.

Good luck.
November 15, 2003, 3:29 AM
Jaquio
I didnt get no error its just i get
BNLS:Connect.....
BNLS:Connected
and then it stops and will not connect at all.
November 15, 2003, 3:35 AM
Jaquio
Yoni said he created me one i went to the channel and its not working at all.
November 15, 2003, 3:44 AM

Search