Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Simultaneous connect ---> Disconnect?

AuthorMessageTime
Lenny
My bot connects to battle.net using 2 different winsocks.

1 is able to logon and the other is disconnected after sending 0x51 (recieving an IP Ban afterwards)

But the 2 seem to alternate between which one is able to logon and which one is unable to logon.

Does battle.net detect and disconnect somewhat simultaneous connections?
November 9, 2003, 7:38 AM
Tuberload
I can not say for sure, but my money is on, no it doesn't. I am pretty sure two completely different people will logon at the same time quite frequently. It would go against better judgment to disconnect one of them.

If one of the bot disconnects part way through your logon sequence, my guess is you are using unstable proxies.
November 9, 2003, 8:30 AM
Lenny
Both bots aren't on proxies... The connection is comming from the same ipaddress (my own).
November 9, 2003, 9:31 AM
Tuberload
[quote author=Lenny link=board=17;threadid=3499;start=0#msg28257 date=1068370313]
Both bots aren't on proxies... The connection is comming from the same ipaddress (my own).
[/quote]
I am sorry I misread your initial post, please disregard my response.
November 9, 2003, 10:03 AM
Lenny
When, I add a pause between each socket connecting to battle.net they seem to connect fine.

But its a 3 second pause, I dont believe battle.net needs such a long amount of time between connecting winsocks.
November 11, 2003, 4:36 PM
hismajesty
iirc, it doesn't. Ever notice how massloaders usually load all of the bots within 0-1 second? At first I was thinking well maybe it needs a delay per connection from one IP..but then I thought of how you can load the limit of 8 (I think) bots and they would all connect at pretty much the same time.
November 11, 2003, 5:37 PM

Search