Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | adding cmds

AuthorMessageTime
Crim-Training
this will probably end up in me gettin called noob etc, but i was wondering how do i add basic cmd's to a bot that have only 1 user (user on cfg)
ive seen how its done with flags etc but i dont know how to modify

i just wanna add a few commands to a bot so when ingame i can change mp3's etc
thx,
November 5, 2003, 7:36 PM
CupHead
In wherever you receive whispers:

If Username = "WhateverYourUsernameIs" Then
Select Case Command
Case Whatever
Do Stuff
End Select
End If
November 5, 2003, 7:51 PM
Tuberload
[quote author=Crim-Training link=board=17;threadid=3429;start=0#msg27555 date=1068060970]
this will probably end up in me gettin called noob etc, but i was wondering how do i add basic cmd's to a bot that have only 1 user (user on cfg)

thx,
[/quote]

I'm not going to call you a newby, but I am going to say I think you are taking on the wrong projects. How were you capable of getting a bot connected and then parsing the incoming data, if you aren't yet capable of implementing what you asked? I already know the answer to my question, so why I asked it I don't know. I just don't understand why people who don't seem interested in even learning how to program, are so interested in creating bots. Why don't you just find an author who is actively implementing new features by request and use theirs?
November 5, 2003, 9:12 PM
iago
It's true that that's like an absolutely basic concept that you shouldnt' even have to ask about...
November 5, 2003, 10:11 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Tuberload link=board=17;threadid=3429;start=0#msg27563 date=1068066740]
[quote author=Crim-Training link=board=17;threadid=3429;start=0#msg27555 date=1068060970]

thx,
[/quote]

I'm not going to call you a newby, but I am going to say I think you are taking on the wrong projects. How were you capable of getting a bot connected and then parsing the incoming data, if you aren't yet capable of implementing what you asked? I already know the answer to my question, so why I asked it I don't know. I just don't understand why people who don't seem interested in even learning how to program, are so interested in creating bots. Why don't you just find an author who is actively implementing new features by request and use theirs?

[/quote]

I'm guessing you answered CSB.
November 5, 2003, 10:11 PM
Tuberload
Yes you are correct, well partially. There is plenty of source code available to bots to be stolen as well.
November 6, 2003, 2:18 AM
Freeware

thx,
[/quote]

Ok, but if you cant even make command check code you shouldnt be making bots.

[code]
Public Sub CheckForCommand(Username as String, Message as String)
Dim strTrigger as String
Dim strCommand as String
Dim strParse() as String
Dim strRestOf as String
On Error Resume Next

strTrigger = Mid(Message, 1, 1)
If strTrigger <> "." then Exit Sub

If ucase(Username) <> "CRIM-TRAINING" then exit sub
strParse = Split(Message, " ")
strCommand = strParse(0)
strCommand = Mid(strCommand, 2)
strRestOf = InStr(1, Message, strTrigger & strCommand) + Len(strTrigger & strCommand)

Select Case ucase(strCommand)
Case "SAY"
Send strRestOf
Case "BAN"
Send "/ban " & strParse(1)
Case "JOIN"
Send "/join " & strRestOf
End Select

End Sub
[/code]
note i have not tested this actual code myself, i just wrote it right now
November 6, 2003, 3:10 AM